pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 11:16 am    Post subject:

Samwise wrote:
LemonAid wrote:
Plus, Maybe update the Wiki Comparison pages to note"
- Flash output from Impress,

I though that feature was already present in Aqua Beta ?

That is correct. The feature was added in OOo 2.0.

Patrick
LemonAid
The Anomaly

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 11:27 pm    Post subject:

pluby wrote:
Samwise wrote:
LemonAid wrote:
Plus, Maybe update the Wiki Comparison pages to note"
- Flash output from Impress,
I though that feature was already present in Aqua Beta ?
That is correct. The feature was added in OOo 2.0.
Patrick
True, and it's still not on the comparison list.
When I tell others about NeoOffice (OOo 2.x) I think this feature should be noted. Just like Printing to .PDF. These are features that cost extra in other Office Suites. Cool

Just because it takes me a loooooooong time to make the suggest, doesn't mean that it isn't true! Embarassed

Philip ( I may be slow, but I make up by being old too! Shocked )
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 12:25 pm    Post subject:

FYI. I have posted the steps that Ed and I will use for merging the localized NeoOffice 2.1 press releases into our website so that the NeoWiki won't be killed if /. or any similar sites link to it. The steps are in the last task here.

Note that the deadline for this is 25 March 2007. That means sometime Sunday, U.S. time. Once we get the files and we go live with the pages, you will be able to link to http://download.neooffice.org/neojava/press_releases/NeoOffice_2.1.html.

Patrick
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 9:53 am    Post subject:

I haven't had any time to work on a press release Sad I can try to rework the 1.1 one for 2.1 this weekend, but I don't know what sort of time I will have Sad

Smokey

The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 11:40 am    Post subject:

sardisson wrote:
I haven't had any time to work on a press release Sad I can try to rework the 1.1 one for 2.1 this weekend, but I don't know what sort of time I will have Sad

If you are too busy, Ed and I can just edit the NeoOffice 2.1 EA press release. It is short and not as nice as your press kit, but it will at least be there to handle the initial wave.

Patrick
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 12:11 pm    Post subject:

I just made a first pass at revising the 1.1 announcement for 2.1. A lot of it is the same, which is sort-of bad, but I'm not sure what to replace stuff with besides Aqua widgets and Intel....

Edit duh, MSOXML and Excel VBA...

http://neowiki.neooffice.org/index.php/NeoOffice_2.1_Announcement

A couple of the quotes from Patrick and Ed can probably be reused, as is, but some of the others need replacing.

Comments, suggestions, help editing Wink

Smokey

The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 12:33 pm    Post subject:

sardisson wrote:
Comments, suggestions, help editing Wink

1. Change "Sunnyvale" to "Santa Clara" to match our Trinity front page postings.

2. Only put the (R) on the first occurrence of NeoOffice. That's all that is really needed since you have the trademark notice at the bottom.

3. "Planamesa, Inc." should have no comma.

4. I saw a few stray NeoOffice/J references still in there which should be removed.

5. Feel free to grab the Michael Meeks quote from the Trinity front page if it helps.

Edit: and if you are having trouble with describing who Ed and I are, feel free to use what we used at OOoCon 2006:

Patrick Luby, CEO and Chief Engineer, NeoOffice.org
Edward Peterlin, CTO and Chief Visionary, NeoOffice.org

Patrick
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 2:12 pm    Post subject:

I've made all of Patrick's changes, and Waldo appeared from the ether to help again Very Happy

Text is still a little rough, but closer.

Also, I made Lorinda's changes to the Profiles in the Press Kit (and fixed a few things that needed fixing elsewhere in the Press Kit; otherwise it was mostly reusable); I think that everyone who has been very active on trinity and in Bugzilla is mentioned in the Support Team section. If I missed anyone, please let me know Sad

I'm sorry I've been so busy lately and this has been all last-minute and rough Sad

Smokey

The One
The One

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 6:43 pm    Post subject:

sardisson wrote:
I'm sorry I've been so busy lately and this has been all last-minute and rough Sad

Well, so's Neo so I guess it's all fitting Very Happy <rimshot/>

ed
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 12:32 am    Post subject:

There are still a few areas I'd like to "refresh", but only the Open Source Development section should be considered in need of real work (in other words, if push comes to shove, we just remove the remaining "comments in brackets" in the other section, and only fix Open Source Dev).

So, if this is OK, let's do this:

1) Hope Waldo makes another appearance tonight to polish the text and/or other contributors do so, too
2) Anyone who wants to translate a version so that download.neooffice.org will have one in their language should begin translating
3) I'll hammer out final English text by about 2 PM EDT (GMT -4) and note the English text is frozen (hopefully that's before everyone in Europe is in bed)
4) Patrick can grab localized versions Sunday evening PDT

Question

Smokey

Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 11:09 am    Post subject:

I've made my last changes to the Release Announcement and emailed Patrick to let him know to take a last look over the what I've done to his quotes Wink

I'll go ahead and lock that page in a few minutes so it won't go changing on anyone anymore and will note on the page, and here, that it's frozen. Go ahead and make new pages for fr, it, es, nl, etc., versions, and I'll update the botlangbar links later today so Patrick can find them.

Similarly, I'm going to go ahead and lock the Press Kit and the Feature Comparison pages. Since those aren't going up on download.neo, we can continue to debate any changes, but at least this way the English versions stay stable for translation.

Thanks again to everyone for all the work on this, and I apologize for being so busy that this is all so last-minute this year Sad

Smokey

Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 11:28 am    Post subject:

I've just changed a few thing on the Feature Comparison page (English) :

- odf-converter is no longer experimental (version 1.0 is available, and development is now focused on Excel and PowerPoint 2007);

- libwps is still experimental, so I've added some info in the notes (used the same note as for VBA);

- I added /en to the links > download.neooffice.org, since Safari loses the #installlanguages part when it loads the English page (seems to work in Camino though);

- I added a link to the odf-converter 1.0 release announcement, which claims that Excel & PowerPoint 2007 is currently scheduled for November 2007.

Edit : Smokey, could you edit the links so that they work in Safari ?

Last edited by Samwise on Sun Mar 25, 2007 11:41 am; edited 1 time in total
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 11:36 am    Post subject:

Samwise wrote:
- I added /en to the links > download.neooffice.org, since Safari loses the #installlanguages part when it loads the English page (seems to work in Camino though);

You shouldn't put the "en" reference as it defeats the purpose of having localized web pages. Also, the Safari problem with #installlanguages was solved a long time ago by using the following URL:

http://download.neooffice.org/neojava/earlyaccessdownload.php?fragment=installlanguages

Patrick
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 11:41 am    Post subject:

Samwise wrote:

Ew, that's bad Mad (Sorry, I edited those back before I came back over here)

Which is worse: sending everyone who reads the English page because there's not a Comparison page in their language (e.g., German) to the English version of Planamesa, or having Safari drop the #installlanguages for everyone reading the English page (Fr, It, Es, please do use the /fr/ url fragment)?

Edit: Patrick posted while I was writing. I'll fix that page to use the ?fragment= syntax. (One of us should report that bug over at webkit.org when we get a chance Wink )

Smokey

Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 11:46 am    Post subject: Announcement text frozen

BTW, the Announcement text is now frozen Smile

Smokey
/next stop: new screenshots, with home-made thumbs Razz

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoWiki and Website Development All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5