Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - funky toolbar customize dialogue - Mac NeoOffice 2.1
funky toolbar customize dialogue - Mac NeoOffice 2.1

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases
View previous topic :: View next topic  
klutzak
Red Pill

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 3:04 pm    Post subject: funky toolbar customize dialogue - Mac NeoOffice 2.1

Hey, I'm getting really whacked out dialogue boxes since I upgraded from NeoOffice 2.0b to 2.1.

The dialogues are incompletely drawn, and don't function correctly.

I'll post a screenshot, if anyone can tell me how to do that here.

in any case, anyone know what the problem is?
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 3:14 pm    Post subject:

Perhaps you're also seeing this bug? If so, can you try the troubleshooting steps mentioned in that bug?

Smokey

The Anomaly

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 4:02 pm    Post subject: Re: funky toolbar customize dialogue - Mac NeoOffice 2.1

<edit> I forgot to say - Welcome to NeoOffice klutzak,

klutzak wrote:
Hey, I'm getting really whacked out dialogue boxes since I upgraded from NeoOffice 2.0b to 2.1.

The dialogues are incompletely drawn, and don't function correctly.
<snip>
in any case, anyone know what the problem is?
It may be the bug Smokey suggested, and/or it may be Corrupted Neo Preferences.

Try the Troubleshooting_Tips under "Corrupted user preference files" (mid way down the web page). This will see if your preferences have become corrupted. If not - you can always move the preferences back.
    NOTE: You will lose any Neo Preferences settings if you have to trash your preferences file, IF it is corrupt. Please note any custom settings before proceeding. Confused
Check out the other Troubleshooting tips while you are there. Just to be safe and sure.

Philip ( Darn those sneaky ... preferences! Wink )
klutzak
Red Pill

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 8:58 am    Post subject: same bug as smokey suggested

Yes, this bug appears to be the same as Smokey suggested.

I used a fresh user account, and the preferences panel did indeed show up correctly.

I was able to get it working again on my normal account by deleting all the prefs, the installer receipt, and the app, and then re-installing.

However, the next day the preferences panel again showed up blank.

Obviously, there is something running on my normal account that causes NeoOffice to whack its preference files soon after installation. I don't have APE running, and I disabled Default Folder.

This is extremely frustrating and didn't happen with the previous version of NeoOffice, so perhaps the answer lies in whatever was 'improved' in version 2.1...

I'm reverting back until more info comes out about this.
klutzak
Red Pill

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 2:58 pm    Post subject: Found the problem

I found the problem! Removing the font "Tahoma" from my ~/library/fonts/ folder enables the preferences dialogue to show up correctly. Adding it back in again whacks the dialogue.

Not sure if this is the same culprit as in other person's cases, or wear I got the "Tahoma" font from in the first place, but there you go...
klutzak
Red Pill

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 2:59 pm    Post subject: addendum

I'm also not sure why "Tahoma" kills NeoOffice 2.1, but does not seem to affect 2.0 beta 3.

-Ray
LemonAid
The Anomaly

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 3:59 pm    Post subject:

klutzak,

Glad you were able to resolve your problem.

If I recall correctly - Tahoma is a Windows font. I use that font in Windows documents all the time. It may be that you got the font from a Windows system, moved it to your Mac and somehow it's not working properly. Sometimes it's just a ... mystery why things happen on a computer. Rolling Eyes

Philip ( The more I ... learn, the less I understand - computer wise! Wink )
klutzak
Red Pill

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:46 am    Post subject: Tahoma font!

Well, my problem popped up again, despite deleting the Tahoma font from all my system font locations. I did a system wide search for 'Tahoma' and discovered 2 things:

The font is supplied by MS as part of MS Office 2004 (Mac).

Any time you run a MS Office app, it installs or activates this font (if you use a font manager that auto-activates, such as FontAgent Pro.)

This is why my problem again popped up for me.
Samwise
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:30 am    Post subject:

Thanks for the heads-up Smile
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1