Support
· Forums
· NeoOffice Support
· NeoWiki

Announcements
· Twitter @NeoOffice

Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - NeoOffice in May 07 Macworld (US)
NeoOffice in May 07 Macworld (US)

NeoOffice Forum Index -> Random Whatnot
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lorinda
Captain Mifune

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 7:21 pm    Post subject: NeoOffice in May 07 Macworld (US)

i just got my May issue of Macworld (the US version), and was delighted to see NeoOffice mentioned in a feature story titled "The Ultimate Home Office." In it, Christopher Breen suggests a combination of hardware and software for three different budgets. For the Bargain Office ($1,500 for all hardware and software), he recommends NeoOffice, since the budget does not allow for MS Office. In fact, the Neo recommendation shows up as the enlarged callout (??? is this the right term?) on that page. The full quote, from the callout is:

"Although Microsoft Offcie has distinct advantages, many people will find the free, open-source NeoOffice a reasonable compromise." (Christopher Breen, "The Ultimate Home Office," Macworld May 2007, p. 55)

The same sentence in the article itself is worded slightly differently and is followed by a decent sized paragraph describing NeoOffice.

The article will eventually be on the Macworld website, but they usually delay posting these kind of articles on-line until the print version has been out for a while. I'll try to remember to post the link when it comes up.

Since this didn't directly address the new release, I wasn't sure if it would be added to the press coverage page of the wiki. Let me know if it should, and I'll add it.
Lorinda
Captain Mifune

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 11:33 am    Post subject:

The article I mentioned is now up on the macworld website. You can see it here

Should this go on the "Press Coverage" page of the wiki? It is not specifically about the 2.1 release.

Lorinda
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 12:50 pm    Post subject:

One of the things I've been meaning to do is get a page in the wiki for more "general" press coverage, not tied to release announcements, where we can put coverage by large media and longer reviews from other places (and then link this page into the Press Kit as "Recent Articles" or something). I have a huge Stickies note full of links and have never gotten around to making the page.

So a long answer to a short question: No, it doesn't belong on the 2.1 Release Press coverage page, but it does belong on this page that doesn't exist yet Wink

Smokey

The Anomaly

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 1:18 pm    Post subject:

Lorinda wrote:
The article I mentioned is now up on the macworld website. You can see it here

Should this go on the "Press Coverage" page of the wiki? It is not specifically about the 2.1 release.

Lorinda
Thanks Lorinda,
I just read this web link a little while ago and was going to post it here.
It's exciting to see ("our" little) Neo get more and more press coverage. Laughing "It's a good thang"(tm)

Smokey's Stickies will be a good thang too.
Seems like there is so much News and Information about Neo that it's hard for our community to keep up. Shocked

That darn ... Work-for-a-living keeps getting in the way! Rolling Eyes

Philip ( Works by day, Plays at night! Wink )
Lorinda
Captain Mifune

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 3:07 pm    Post subject:

NeoOffice showed up on the MacWorld Website again:

http://www.macworld.com/news/2007/07/26/alternative/index.php

Neo gets the most praise of all the MS Office alternatives for Mac the writer considers. Very Happy
Lorinda
Captain Mifune

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 4:43 pm    Post subject:

There's also this blog blurb on MacUser (which I found through the Macworld website):

http://www.macuser.com/software/neooffice_221_supports_os_x_sp_1.php?lsrc=murss
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> Random Whatnot All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1