Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - payment methods for easy acces programme
payment methods for easy acces programme

NeoOffice Forum Index -> Random Whatnot
View previous topic :: View next topic  
andre5151
Blue Pill

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 7:52 am    Post subject: payment methods for easy acces programme

Hi,

I wanted to donate, only to find out that you support paypal only.

This might be comfortable for you, but you should know that paypal has become a full fledged bank based in Luxemburg, which has prompted guys like me (based in Germany) to cancel their account there to avoid being registered by the german banking authorities as owner of a bank account in a foreign country, especially as Luxemburg is known as a (past) tax haven.

That was just for your info.

Regards,

Andre Peternell
Samwise
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 8:00 am    Post subject:

Have you read the donation page ?

You can donate funds online using a credit card or a PayPal account. Even though we use PayPal as our credit card processor, please note that a PayPal account is not required when using a credit card.
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 8:13 am    Post subject:

Samwise wrote:
Have you read the donation page ?

You can donate funds online using a credit card or a PayPal account. Even though we use PayPal as our credit card processor, please note that a PayPal account is not required when using a credit card.

Exactly. PayPal acts as our credit card processor. You don't need a PayPal account to pay by credit card. PayPal tries to bury the links at the bottom of the payment page because they want you to open a PayPal account. But just ignore that and use the "I don't have a PayPal account" links.

Patrick
malo2007
Blue Pill

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 10:46 am    Post subject: No donation with Paypal - privacy violation IMHO

I tried to donate via Paypal/CreditCard. I do not have a paypal account and I have no idea what it would be good for as long as one wishes to transfer money within the European Union only. By the way: I don't like the companies policy regarding customer support and contact. If you have a problem you cannot talk to a real human. Their workflow is more important to them then individual customers.-

During this process I was asked to give my telephone number and postal address to Paypal.

Usually these information is not asked when a credit card payment is
done. Why do you do so? I didn't continue the donation process.

Do you have a German account? I could transfer the money easily an
without any transaction fees.

Maybe it would be advisable to have ONE donation account within the EU.

regards, Martin
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 11:45 am    Post subject: Re: No donation with Paypal - privacy violation IMHO

malo2007 wrote:
During this process I was asked to give my telephone number and postal address to Paypal.

Are you surprised by this? Credit card fraud is a multi-billion dollar loss for VISA and MasterCard banks nowadays. While some web sites may still accept credit card payments without validation, IMO this will continue to become less and less common. I have looked into handling our own credit card transactions and we would be required to process the same data since all our transactions are via the internet.

malo2007 wrote:
Do you have a German account? I could transfer the money easily an
without any transaction fees.

Maybe it would be advisable to have ONE donation account within the EU.

Sorry, we have no accounts outside of the U.S. Given the complexity of business licenses and taxe filings in the U.S., I can only imagine that setting up accounts in a different country would be equally complex especially if we don't speak the language.

My hope is that eventually alternatives like Google Checkout will become more stable (they seem to be where PayPal was before EBay bought PayPal). Until then, we can only handle two ways of donating: PayPal or send us a check in U.S. dollars (for some reason, U.S. banks make processing other currencies rediculously difficult).

If you want to send a check, e-mail us at donations at planamesa dot com and we will send you mailing instructions.

Patrick
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> Random Whatnot All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1