Support
· Forums
· NeoOffice Support
· NeoWiki

Announcements
· Twitter @NeoOffice

Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - Fonts issue -- a bug or a feature???
Fonts issue -- a bug or a feature???

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rays
The Anomaly
(earlier version)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 12:06 pm    Post subject:

Lorinda wrote:
By the way, if the problem you are experiencing is the same as the one I encounter from time to time, it is a problem with Max OSX, and not with NeoOffice itself.

Exactly. The solution is more likely to be found by visiting Apple Support than ranting at Lorinda, who is only trying to help...

LemonAid
The Anomaly

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 4:27 pm    Post subject:

rays wrote:
Lorinda wrote:
By the way, if the problem you are experiencing is the same as the one I encounter from time to time, it is a problem with Max OSX, and not with NeoOffice itself.

Exactly. The solution is more likely to be found by visiting Apple Support than ranting at Lorinda, who is only trying to help...
Agreed.
These problems can only be resolved by discussion.
It's very HARD to diagnose problems just by reading messages.

The ROOT problem is NOT with NeoOffice.
Neo only uses what Apple Mac OSX provides, in some cases using Java - also supplied by Apple.
    I was reading on another web site that "some" duplicate font problems has been caused by MS Office. Shocked
    Seems that MS Office, and other programs, can cause corruption.

Philip ( remember: "Never look a gift horse in the mouth" Wink )
ovvldc
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 6:46 pm    Post subject:

I remember one about biting the hand that feeds you.

I personally take a very dim view of people getting unfriendly to hard-working volunteers who are trying their best to understand what these people need.

These fora exist as a courtesy to users, and not as a place to bitch. And as a moderator, I know where I put my loyalty.

I hope the font issue has been made clearer with all this.

Best wishes,
Oscar

abb
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 11:33 pm    Post subject:

ovvldc wrote:
I hope the font issue has been made clearer with all this.

Thanks to all, answering to my question. Finally I had a time to deal with it... I've found that font location is shown at the popup hint of every font in the list Smile So, Lorinda, was correct, when advised to check for "local" fonts folder. National fonts are stored there.
Earlier I installed MS Office tryout version, which has come with my Mac. Probably the cyrillic fonts were installed by its installer and they were installed into a local "Admin" fonts folder. I never run MS Office under "user" account, so may be that was the reason why none of national fonts were moved to the "user"'s local fonts folder.

One way or another, but I've just copied ALL the fonts from "Admin" local folder into some folder at root directory of HDD. Then I've logged in under "User" login and opened this folder. Then I've found all main fonts, having cyrillic characters (using Preview) and clicked "Install Font" button for each of them. In fact only few fonts have cyrillic characters -- they are: Arial, Times New Roman, Verdana and few other.

Now I've got the working Neo Office at "User" account. But I also have duplicated fonts here, as it is in "Admin" account. Unfortunately clicking "Install Font" button does not remove the duplicated font. It only adds a font into the user's local font folder... Apple definitely has what to think about...

Thanks to all, who answered me! I think the case is closed.
ovvldc
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 2:20 am    Post subject:

Great! Another happy ending Smile.

-Oz
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2