· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - NeoOffice now works on Leopard Beta
NeoOffice now works on Leopard Beta

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Testing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 3:11 pm    Post subject: NeoOffice now works on Leopard Beta

FYI. If you have a copy of the Leopard Beta released at last weeks WWDC conference, you probably already know that both NeoOffice 2.1 Patch 6 will not start and OpenOffice.org is unable to use Java.

Fortunately, after a few days of debuggingwork, I have gotten NeoOffice running on the Leopard Beta. I have also made the necessary changes to handle the significant font handling changes that Apple made to Java in this release. The fixes that I made are in the following test patch:

PowerPC:
http://www.neooffice.org/test/NeoOffice-2.1-Patch-6-Test-3-PowerPC.dmg

Intel:
http://www.neooffice.org/test/NeoOffice-2.1-Patch-6-Test-3-Intel.dmg

Note that this test patch will break font handling if you are running an earlier Leopard developer seed as I made no effort to support those earlier developer seeds.

The test patch should have no problems working on Panther or Tiger so if you are running either of those Mac OS X versions, please test it out and keep a lookout for any font rendering breakages.

Patrick
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:42 pm    Post subject:

I forgot to add that Leopard Beta still has a nasty crashing bug in Java 1.4.2. So, if you have NeoOffice to set to use Java 1.4.2, do *not* resize any windows as resizing windows in any Java 1.4.2 application will crash.

I have reported this bug to Apple nearly 3 months ago and I keep pestering them. Hopefully, it will be fixed before Leopard is officially release in October.

Patrick
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 8:40 am    Post subject:

Ouch!

Apple, get your act together!

Smokey

The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 12:07 pm    Post subject: Re: NeoOffice now works on Leopard Beta

FYI. If you download any of the recent test patches, please download the following test patch. Ed found that my fix for bug 2462 causes NeoOffice to crash when saving non-Writer documents and the following test patch fixes the crashing:

PowerPC:
http://www.neooffice.org/test/NeoOffice-2.1-Patch-6-Test-4-PowerPC.dmg

Intel:
http://www.neooffice.org/test/NeoOffice-2.1-Patch-6-Test-4-Intel.dmg

Patrick
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 9:31 am    Post subject:

Thanks Patrick!

On another note, it's my understanding that the fixes for Leopard Beta will be incorporated into Patch 7.

In addition, the QuickLook support will be incorporated into the patch. Additionally, the Spotlight plugin has been updated for compatibility with Leopard Beta.

Be warned, however...Leopard is still very much in flux, so support is still experimental. We probably won't be able to fix new problems as they arise as we are currently focused on the 2.2.1 EAP and completion of native spellchecking integration.

ed
Nomen Nescio

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 1:58 am    Post subject:

Thanks for providing this patch.
Maybe I found a bug:

When you open NeoOffice (with Patch 6 applied) and you are using "spaces" (multiple desktops), NeoOffice appears on any desktop, not only on the desktop you started it.
Samwise
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 5:47 am    Post subject:

Nomen Nescio wrote:
When you open NeoOffice (with Patch 6 applied)

Which "patch 6" are you talking about (Patch 6, Path 6 Test 3, or Patch 6 Test 4) ?
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 8:43 am    Post subject:

Most likely you have found a bug with Spaces. There's nothing special in Neo that's specific to Spaces (nor any other application, as far as I can tell)

ed
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 10:48 am    Post subject: Re: NeoOffice now works on Leopard Beta

FYI. Ed's latest versions of NeoLight and NeoPeek are in the following test patch:

PowerPC:
http://www.neooffice.org/test/NeoOffice-2.1-Patch-6-Test-5-PowerPC.dmg

Intel:
http://www.neooffice.org/test/NeoOffice-2.1-Patch-6-Test-5-Intel.dmg

As for the Spaces issue, I think that this is normal behavior. I have noticed that when you open a new window in any application, that window will not be attached to a particular Space and display on top of all of the Spaces. This happens in TextEdit and Safari.

Patrick
Nomen Nescio

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 12:18 pm    Post subject: Re: NeoOffice now works on Leopard Beta

pluby wrote:

As for the Spaces issue, I think that this is normal behavior. I have noticed that when you open a new window in any application, that window will not be attached to a particular Space and display on top of all of the Spaces. This happens in TextEdit and Safari.

I don't can validate this behavior on my ibook with Leopard Build 9A466.
If I open a new (e.g. a second) window of TextEdit, it shows only on the space I opened it.
The other desktops are empty.

But if I'm the only one with the problem, then it seems to be my mistake Wink

And sorry for the irritation: I was talking about Patch 6 Test 4
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 1:10 pm    Post subject:

As I mentioned, if you see any issue with Spaces you need to report it to Apple. Apple writes Spaces, not us.

ed
frasilva

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 11:16 am    Post subject: Neooffice - Spaces

First of all,
i must say, i am impressed, i did not espect to find these patches for leopard, now i can pre-migrate to the new OS .
Now, about Spaces, it Stays in the original desk, as long as you do not a fast desk-switch, if you press f8, end then choose desk, neooffice will appear only in the original space.

frasilva
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 11:34 am    Post subject:

FYI. The Leopard fixes are now in NeoOffice 2.1 Patch 7. You can download the patch from the following URL:

http://www.neooffice.org/neojava/patch.php

Patrick
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Testing All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1