NeoOffice :: View topic - neooffice & mysql
neooffice & mysql

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 2:50 pm    Post subject:

We have a bug on this dialogue in Bugzilla, right? I remember reading it not too long ago, but I don't recall the resolution....

Smokey

Red Pill

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 11:35 pm    Post subject:

So, if it's a known bug...

-> mickeyinlalaland
I tried with OOo

I installed the version 2.0 this morning and it's ok, so I keep it to work. Thank you for helping.
mickeyinlalaland
Oracle

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 1:46 am    Post subject:

domd
Can you open a bug on Bugzilla and attach a test file.
If you've already opened a bug and it was closed; please reopen and attach a link to this discussion, along with a test file.
If it worked in NeoOffice 2.1, and I assume you are using OOo 2.2.1; the developers can look at this bug and try to correct the error in NeoOffice 2.2.1
Thank you.

Pouvez vous ouvert un bogue sur Bugzilla et attacher un dossier d'essai. Si vous avez déjà ouvert un bogue et il était fermé ; rouvrez et veuillez attachez un lien à cette discussion, avec un dossier d'essai.
Si cela fonctionnait dans NeoOffice 2.1, et moi supposez que vous employez OOo 2.2.1 ; les réalisateurs peuvent regarder ce bogue et essayer de corriger l'erreur dans NeoOffice 2.2.1
Merci.
doctype
Oracle

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 5:58 am    Post subject:

I could reproduce the situation of this screenshot:
http://www.durrequip.fr/telechargements/shot-1.jpg
with following steps:

1. Open new Calc doc
2. Open Data Sources
3. Select a MySQL database (I'm not sure it is necessary to use MySQL, see below)
4. Select the contents of a single text field (Not all text fields apply, see below)
5. Drag the selection to a Calc field.

The "White area" appears, which obviously is a window going to be (but never is) drawn, possibly the Import text dialog.

NeoOffice hangs, runs constantly at about 70% & there is a memory leak - RAM consumption (RSIZE, VPRVT, VSIZE) quickly and continually rises.

As it is time consuming, I couldn't verify the exact conditions which field and database types trigger the leak. I could drag from MySQL text fields and from text fields of other database connection types without the bug. I assume, it has rather a connection to encoding issues, when NeoOffice somehow detects an encoding issue between the database field and the Calc document.

I filed a bug report at:
http://bugzilla.neooffice.org/bug.php?op=show&bugid=2575

EDIT: Typo
domd
Red Pill

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 6:14 am    Post subject:

I tried to delete every neooffice files from my mac and do a clean install. It's still the same.

-> doctype : thank you Wink
mickeyinlalaland
Oracle

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 1:55 pm    Post subject:

domd wrote:

-> mickeyinlalaland
I tried with OOo

I installed the version 2.0 this morning and it's ok, so I keep it to work. Thank you for helping.

Can you clarify: are you using OOo 2.1 or OOo 2.2.1?
Pouvez vous clarifier : employez-vous OOo 2.1 ou OOo 2.2.1?
Lorinda
Captain Mifune

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 5:41 pm    Post subject:

Just an update for those not following the bug in Bugzilla: doctype has discovered (and I have verified) that it is not related to the mysql connection. Any text field in a data source (mysql, Mac OSX Address Book, embeded database) that contains a space will cause the white square to appear and Neo to hang.

domd: Puisque vous pouvez lire et écrire l'anglais, je n'ai pas traduit ce que j'ai écrit. Mais si vous voudriez une traduction (ou une clarification) de cette poste, dites-le ici et je le ferai.

Lorinda
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 7:11 pm    Post subject:

Thanks to the detective work by doctype and Lorinda and the clear steps to reproduce, I've been able to confirm the bug exists in NeoOffice and not in RetroOffice, so it's a NeoOffice bug.

Smokey

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2