Support
· Forums
· NeoOffice Support
· NeoWiki

Announcements
· Twitter @NeoOffice

Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - speed things up next time I have to make a pdf of a 20 page
speed things up next time I have to make a pdf of a 20 page

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases
View previous topic :: View next topic  
possum
Sentinel

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 2:27 pm    Post subject: can you also tell me why....

Dear Patrick,

This is from my other thread...but I was wondering if you had any ideas on how to speed things up next time I have to make a pdf of a 20 page journal.

I started with a Neo text document- laid out as an 11x17 with opposing pages 2/19, 3/18 etc, etc. It made a perfect booklet. But I had to copy and paste one page at a time for a pdf, so I made one text document and took each page in order from the 11x17 layout, page 1, page 2, page 3...etc.

Everything slowed down drastically and was very uncooperative by the third page...especially the little hand that moves the paste into alignment,. It basically made alignment impossible, and the paste was not landing on the cursor but to the right.

So I tried quitting out of Neo and starting it up again..that was good for pasting another two pages, they even landed perfectly centered...then I got hung again.

paste two pages, quit, restart, paste two pages, quit, restart..

Also, by the time I was done it was a 2.2 MB document...a little big to send folks. Is there something I am missing to compress it or lower the size without compromising quality? I am starting with a text document layout.

10.3.9 my machine has 600 MHz, 512MB iMac ( plantinum) is this the problem?

Last edited by possum on Wed Nov 07, 2007 2:47 pm; edited 3 times in total
ovvldc
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 2:37 pm    Post subject:

Why would you paste anything to get a PDF? Just export your document (see the file menu)..

As for the slowing down: from your symptoms, I suspect a lot of data is being saved to a clipboard somewhere and not released. But I think only the developers are qualified to tell us if and where this is happening.

best wishes,
Oscar

possum
Sentinel

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 2:46 pm    Post subject:

Hi Oscar,

I'm not aware of how to tell the pdf to take page two from 2/18 and put it in second place...or even how to transform that kind of layout to a 1,2,3, layout.
ovvldc
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 12:37 am    Post subject:

I'm afraid you've lost me..

-Oz
amayze
The Merovingian

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 6:07 am    Post subject:

possum,

You are making more work for yourself. You should create the document with the pages in numerical order - 1,2,3,4... then either use NeoOffice's brochure printing feature or one of the 3rd party options for re-ordering the pages of a PDF which are available.

Take a look at this page in the wiki

HtH

Andy
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1