Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - 2.2.2 patch 2 multi-monitor problems
2.2.2 patch 2 multi-monitor problems

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hjh1685
Blue Pill

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 3:56 pm    Post subject: 2.2.2 patch 2 multi-monitor problems

NeoOffice 2.2.2p2 doesn't interact well with external monitors.

All the following assumes a laptop (MacBook Pro here) with an external monitor that is not mirroring the main display, and where the external monitor is the primary display. NeoOffice correctly opens in the external monitor.

Well, 2.2.2p0 had one problem that isn't fixed in p2. If you're searching and reach the end of the document, the "NeoOffice Writer has searched to the end of the document..." box appears on the laptop internal monitor, not the monitor that has all the other NeoOffice windows.

Patch 2 adds another bug, where all tool tips appear on the built-in monitor, when they should appear on the same monitor that has the source window.

Almost forgot - it isn't just tooltips but also context menus. If I right-click on a style to modify it, the menu shows up on the other screen. That one's really annoying.

Side question -- is it possible to downgrade temporarily until this is fixed?

Otherwise NeoOffice rocks!

Thanks,
James
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 4:20 pm    Post subject:

This is the first I've heard of any multi-monitor problems in NeoOffice 2.2.2 or its patches. In fact, I just tested with 2 monitors to be configured side-by-side and all of the popup menus and tooltip windows show up in the right place.

Since I don't see any obvious bug, you should file a bug in Bugzilla and list out the details of how to configure a two montor setup and the specific steps to reproduce this.

Patrick
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 12:28 pm    Post subject:

FYI. I found a couple of cases where popup menus show up on the wrong monitor when I configure my monitors to be stacked on top of each other.

I have opened bug 2772 and I have posted a test patch at the end of that bug that I think fixes the bug. Can anyone try the test patch and post any problems that they find in that bug?

Patrick
hjh1685
Blue Pill

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 7:24 pm    Post subject:

Bug #2772 - Uncommon layout of punctuation marks in Japanese text with Western fonts

Is it maybe a different bug number?
James
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 7:41 pm    Post subject:

Oops. It is bug 2773.

Patrick
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1