Movie and scanner support test patch now available

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Testing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:39 am    Post subject:

Samwise wrote:
When scrolling in a presentation, the movie goes white, and then comes back when you stop scrolling. Of course, if you don't scroll, all is fine Smile

Yes. That is because scrolling equals moving. Of course, in a slide show there are no scrollbars. Wink

Patrick
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:41 am    Post subject:

rob_06 wrote:
The mp3 files play in Quicktime 7.4 and itunes 7.6 and also other audio apps.

Most show either the Quicktime or itunes icon.

I can send a sample if needed some of the files are between 2 - 4 meg if that would be ok.

Are these files with spaces in the folder name or file names? If so, did you install my second test patch?

Patrick
Samwise
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:59 am    Post subject:

Patrick, with you second test patch, I can insert pretty much any music file from my iTunes library (.mp3, .m4a, etc.) but when I press play, there is no sound (the progress indicator moves though)…

Edit: The same files work when opened directly in QuickTime 7.4 though.
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:26 am    Post subject:

Samwise wrote:
Patrick, with you second test patch, I can insert pretty much any music file from my iTunes library (.mp3, .m4a, etc.) but when I press play, there is no sound (the progress indicator moves though)…

Edit: The same files work when opened directly in QuickTime 7.4 though.

Are these protected files? Only the QuickTime and iTunes applications will play protected audio and video files.

Patrick
jgd
Agent Smith

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:47 am    Post subject:

In Writer I can insert music files as in Impress, but if I hide the Media Playback toolbar, or if I save and close the document, I'm no more able to play the file: if I display the Media Playback toolbar the only available button is the Movie and Sound one. The others are dimmed.

It doesn't occur in Impress in slide shows where it's OK. But in normal view I can click on the tiny white square and play the file if the background is not white. If the background is white, I'm not able to see this little square and to play the file.

Jacqueline
Samwise
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:06 pm    Post subject:

OK for some reason they now work (the unprotected music files).

I'm also experiencing a problem that may be related to Jacqueline's last issue: when I insert a sound in NeoOffice, and click somewhere in the document, the media toolbar disappears, and the sound vanishes! Then, even if I bring back the Media Playback toolbar, all buttons are grayed-out.

The issue is also present with videos (click in the document, bring back the toolbar > buttons are grayed-out), but they re-activate when you select the video; but with the sound, there's nothing to select…
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:19 pm    Post subject:

Samwise wrote:
I'm also experiencing a problem that may be related to Jacqueline's last issue: when I insert a sound in NeoOffice, and click somewhere in the document, the media toolbar disappears, and the sound vanishes! Then, even if I bring back the Media Playback toolbar, all buttons are grayed-out.

Does this occur in Impress? I sense that everyone is focussed on testing Writer and OpenOffice.org Writer really doesn't handle movies well at all. In general, only Impress really has full movie support and the OpenOffice.org engineers did not see Writer as a media player.

Patrick
Samwise
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:27 pm    Post subject:

Yes, same issue in Impress. I'm testing in both components now.

Edit: In Impress, if I start playing back a sound, then click on the slide, the Media Playback toolbar disappears, but playback continues. When you bring back the toolbar, the sound is unselected, so the buttons don't work. The only problem is that there is nothing in the document to re-select the sound…

Edit 2: Still in Impress, I am able to re-select the sound by selecting an area with the mouse (click and drag over the slide). Then the buttons work again. But there is no visual element to indicate where the sound is (or indicate that there is a sound at all)…
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:49 pm    Post subject:

jgd wrote:
In Writer I can insert music files as in Impress, but if I hide the Media Playback toolbar, or if I save and close the document, I'm no more able to play the file: if I display the Media Playback toolbar the only available button is the Movie and Sound one. The others are dimmed.

It doesn't occur in Impress in slide shows where it's OK. But in normal view I can click on the tiny white square and play the file if the background is not white. If the background is white, I'm not able to see this little square and to play the file.

You always have to select the movie or sound object for the play buttons to be visible and active. When you open a new Writer document, it won't be selected by default so you select it by clicking on it or pressing Shift-F4 to highlight the first object in your document.

Sorry, but the fact that OpenOffice.org Writer doesn't have a nice UI in this area isn't something that we are going to change.

Patrick
Samwise
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:56 pm    Post subject:

Still, there's no visual element in NeoOffice Impress either. Here's what I'm talking about:

narf
The Anomaly

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 1:59 pm    Post subject:

Samwise wrote:
Still, there's no visual element in NeoOffice Impress either. Here's what I'm talking about:

What version of OpenOffice is that from? When I try it with OOo 2.2.1 or 2.3 I get a tiny grey square to represent the sound file. No little speaker picture.

Edited to add: I can make the square bigger and it is a question mark.
Samwise
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:18 pm    Post subject:

The question mark means it can't find the sound file.

The screen capture was made with OpenOffice.org 2.3.1 for Windows. BTW you can get the same speaker in NeoOffice 2.1 Patch 7, in either Impress or Writer.
jgd
Agent Smith

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:19 pm    Post subject:

pluby wrote:

You always have to select the movie or sound object for the play buttons to be visible and active. When you open a new Writer document, it won't be selected by default so you select it by clicking on it or pressing Shift-F4 to highlight the first object in your document.

Sorry, but the fact that OpenOffice.org Writer doesn't have a nice UI in this area isn't something that we are going to change.

Patrick

OK. Thanks. The shortcut Shift-F4 works. Selecting a movie is easy but it's not possible to click on a sound object.
I understand that it's an OpenOffice.org issue Crying or Very sad

Jacqueline
Samwise
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:20 pm    Post subject:

jgd wrote:
pluby wrote:

Patrick

OK. Thanks. The shortcut Shift-F4 works. Selecting a movie is easy but it's not possible to click on a sound object.
I understand that it's an OpenOffice.org issue Crying or Very sad

Jacqueline

Actually, it's not.
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:24 pm    Post subject:

Found the problem. With sound files, there is a subtle way that my code is supposed to tell the OOo code that the file is a sound file, not a video file. I was inadvertently telling the OOo code that sound files are 1 x 1 pixel video files.

I have fixed this and now sound files will show the generic OOo sound image like in your image link. The fix will be in the next test patch later today.

Patrick
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Testing All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8