NeoOffice :: View topic - Movie and scanner support test patch now available
Movie and scanner support test patch now available

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Testing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rob_06
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:13 pm    Post subject:

That is good news.

Most of mine have spaces in the name which also seemed to be causing some hick ups.

Videos after find a few smallish ones seems to work fine by just leeting them run. I have seen the same issues when moving over them as others.

All in all so far so good.

For those whom use canon pixma models I will have some info that may help get them to work in Image capture if they don't already. It is related to their plugins.

I will post the info as soon I as I receive it.

Cool
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:44 pm    Post subject:

rob_06 wrote:
That is good news.

Most of mine have spaces in the name which also seemed to be causing some hick ups.

Does that mean that the second test patch now allows you to open all of your movie and sound files?

Patrick
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:26 pm    Post subject:

rob_06 wrote:
For those whom use canon pixma models I will have some info that may help get them to work in Image capture if they don't already. It is related to their plugins.

Yes, just to clarify that the ImageCapture framework requires scanner and camera manufacturers to produce plugins that are compatible with the framework. I haven't seen any issue with the Epson ImageCapture plugin; it tends to remember the DPI and color settings. What does get lost, most times, is the orientation of the image. IC doesn't seem to retain the rotation settings from the Epson plugin, but it's the same behaviour as I've seen with Preview. Preview and TextEdit both support IC. They seem to be retaining additional rotation tags from some cameras, but OOo/Neo doesn't support these extensions to the image format so the images need to be rotated in Draw.

ed
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:52 am    Post subject: Re: Movie and scanner support test patch now available

FYI. I have posted the following new test patch. This test patch fixes the problem where sound files would show as 1 x 1 pixel objects instead of showing a picture of a speaker like in OpenOffice.org on Windows:

PowerPC:
http://jane.neooffice.org/test/NeoOffice-2.2.2-Patch-10-Test-1-PowerPC.dmg

Intel:
http://jane.neooffice.org/test/NeoOffice-2.2.2-Patch-10-Test-1-Intel.dmg

Edit: replaced original Patch 8 links with Patch 10 links.

Also, I have found a way to determine if a movie or sound file is protected. Open the Safari application, select the File :: Open menu, and select your movie or sound file. If the file cannot be played in Safari, then your file is protected and will not play in any application other than QuickTime Player or iTunes.

Patrick

Last edited by pluby on Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:16 pm; edited 2 times in total
jgd
Agent Smith

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 5:39 am    Post subject:

Thanks a lot Patrick. Problem fixed for me.

Quote:
Also, I have found a way to determine if a movie or sound file is protected. Open the Safari application, select the File :: Open menu, and select your movie or sound file. If the file cannot be played in Safari, then your file is protected and will not play in any application other than QuickTime Player or iTunes.

It'll be good to add the tip in NeoWiki when Patch 8 will be released. Very Happy

Jacqueline
rob_06
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 6:13 am    Post subject:

Under Patch 2 no lick with the mp3 file with spaces in the names and some without still would be seen. All played normally in itunes and QT 7.4

I will test patch 3 in around 7 or so hours sleep time for now
oihenart
Keymaker

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 7:21 am    Post subject:

A little bug

I insert a sound in the page (Writer). I can hear it, it's ok. But when i write at the top of the page, i have a shadow of the picture of the sound next to the real pcture of the sound. Each time i write a character, the shadow appears, but not it the same place. It moves from right to left.

Patch 8 test 3

Christian Wink
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:32 am    Post subject:

rob_06 wrote:
Under Patch 2 no lick with the mp3 file with spaces in the names and some without still would be seen. All played normally in itunes and QT 7.4

I will test patch 3 in around 7 or so hours sleep time for now

Please check if your files are protected files by opening the Safari application and opening them using the File :: Open menu. If Safari cannot play them, then we know that they are protected movie or sournd files.

Patrick
jgd
Agent Smith

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:38 am    Post subject:

oihenart wrote:
A little bug

I insert a sound in the page (Writer). I can hear it, it's ok. But when i write at the top of the page, i have a shadow of the picture of the sound next to the real pcture of the sound. Each time i write a character, the shadow appears, but not it the same place. It moves from right to left.

Patch 8 test 3

Christian Wink

I see the same behavior.

Jacqueline
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:42 am    Post subject:

oihenart wrote:

Are you seeing a momentary flash of the image elsewhere as you type and this behavior stops immediately after you stop typing?

If so, this is an OpenOffice.org 2.2.1 bug. For some reason, that version of OOo feels the need to temporarily move the sound image (the speaker image isn't an image that we paint) while you are typing in Writer.

Patrick
jgd
Agent Smith

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:04 am    Post subject:

If the sound file is anchored as Character, there is no flash.

If it's anchored, to Page, to Paragraph, or to Character and if you select No Wrap, there is no flash. In the other cases, the flash disappears as soon as you type under the sound file.

Jacqueline
rob_06
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 2:19 pm    Post subject:

The files are from old CD's and simply mp3 as imported originally into itunes. They play normally in QT 7.4, iTunes 7.6 and Safari 3 they work also without any problems.

I have installed test patch 3 and will try again.

If it doesn't work I will resort to re-installing Neo Office to see if that makes any difference.

I currently have NO 2.2.2 Patch 8 with test patch 3 installed

under 10.5.1 PPC

I am wondering if there maybe some link to the trouble other people are having with audio issues and quicktime
narf
The Anomaly

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:01 pm    Post subject:

I'll be interested to know if Test Patch 3 fixes the issues. mp3 files are working fine for me, but I didn't have a chance to try them before installing Test Patch 3.
jgd
Agent Smith

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:44 am    Post subject:

All mp3 files are working for me since Test 2 which fixes the issue about spaces or accented characters in the path, or in the file name.

Jacqueline
aussie149
The Merovingian

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 6:10 am    Post subject: Pixma

rob_06 wrote:

Cool

Look forward to it, rob_06. I still suffer from same prob.
Peter
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Testing All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 5 of 8