Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - Many Thanks to Patrick & Ed
Many Thanks to Patrick & Ed

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases
View previous topic :: View next topic  
K-9
The Merovingian

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 9:10 am    Post subject: Many Thanks to Patrick & Ed

I have been using Neo over the last few years on and sometimes off. I really can say that at the minor league level that i use this - mostly the writer for text stuff, that I never had any issues. I have tried Pages and Nisus writer after using appleworks when i switched to macs 8 years ago; but I still love Neo! Pages never impressed me, and I never liked it or felt connected to it. Nisus writer I liked very much overall - loved the interface; but there were too many glitches that i ran into at a minor level that i started to hate it and not trust it. Appleworks - too old hat and outdated.

Neo ---- Ahhhh! What a really super App. and Free. Hard to believe it. Yes i donated some $ and will again to this project because I believe in it that much. The Trinity forum is also a great place and a lot of really nice people.

So to end my rap, thank you guys for this wonderful Mac App, and thanks to the many nice people on Trinity.

and re: the icon: people could not understand it - I always thought of it as the Nebuchadnezzar Morpheous' ship.

Deeply appreciated and a very happy user!

K-9

p.s. I use this 100% of the time on my 2 laptops and put it on my 10 year daughter's macbook. I also use this for all of my business stuff too!

Thank you Patrick and Ed, et. al.
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 9:37 am    Post subject: Re: Many Thanks to Patrick & Ed

K-9 wrote:
So to end my rap, thank you guys for this wonderful Mac App, and thanks to the many nice people on Trinity.

It is always nice to hear that what we do actually has value for real people. It is all too easy for Ed and I too get worried by the marketing plans of Microsoft, Apple, and Sun and forget that those companies are largely chasing after only the most profitable set of users.

Comments like yours remind me why we created NeoOffice: to provide an alternative to those who are left behind by the profit-driven or the "open source as corporate marketing" products. This doesn't mean we have anything against such organizations; it merely reflects that they leave a large number of people underserved and I know that I get a nice feeling knowing that a two guys, with the help of small donations and support volunteers, can fill the gap left by these organizations.

K-9 wrote:
and re: the icon: people could not understand it - I always thought of it as the Nebuchadnezzar Morpheous' ship.

Speaking of the ship, I cannot speak for Ed but for me it really captures the gist of what the NeoOffice project is: taking on a seemingly insurmountable goal (crossing the ocean) with only the barest of tools (a tiny wind-driven wooden boat).

I am not a sailor as heading out into the open ocean with no radio and only sails to power the boat seems crazy, but I have friends who are sailors and I am guessing that this is part of the thrill that they get from sailing.

Patrick
K-9
The Merovingian

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 9:55 am    Post subject:

You are MOST Welcome!

p.s. I did not mean because it is free that I use it. I spent money on other apps as such and tried other writing/text stuff. I just meant that that is an added bonus! free does help; but there is free stuff out there that is too glitchy and not so good. Neo just happens to be top notch in my books.

:)
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1