Support
· Forums
· NeoOffice Support
· NeoWiki

Announcements
· Twitter @NeoOffice

Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - How to cull un-needed styles from styles palette?
How to cull un-needed styles from styles palette?

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases
View previous topic :: View next topic  
glawrie
Keymaker

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:25 am    Post subject: How to cull un-needed styles from styles palette?

Hopefully this is easy one.

Am building some new corporate templates for our company.

We have standard definitions for most elements of most documents (e.g. Body Text, Headings, Lists etc.). In total these amount to about 20 paragraph styles, about five character styles, about five frame styles and about 10 page styles.

OOO / NeoOffice defines many more than these. I'd like to remove the temptation for our users to use these other styles - but can't work out how to remove them from the template.

I am sure it is obvious / easy - I just can't figure it out. Could someone let me know what I need to do to do this?

Thanks in advance.

PS - I really like the 'Page Styles' feature of OOO / NeoOffice - with it we only need one master template for all the various documents we build, rather than one each for the MS Word universe we live in now.
aussie149
The Merovingian

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:17 pm    Post subject: Re: How to cull un-needed styles from styles palette?

glawrie wrote:
Hopefully this is easy one.
Thanks in advance.

Hi

Glad that NeoOffice is meeting your needs. Your question is a beauty, and I can see why you would want to do it, but I am pretty sure that the answer is not so palatable:
You cannot remove (delete) any of OOo's predefined styles, even if you are not using them.

You can remove any user-defined (custom) styles; but before you do, you should make sure the styles are not in use. If an unwanted style is in use, you will want to replace it with a substitute style.

To delete unwanted styles, right-click on them (one at a time) in the Styles and Formatting window and click Delete on the pop-up menu. Click Yes in the message box that pops up.

This is from the OOo Wiki. It seems the functionality of protecting the predefined styles is built into OOo, so it's a no-go. Mind you, people around here are creative, so I wouldn't guarantee that someone hasn't found a way around that restriction Wink
Peter
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1