Support
· Forums
· NeoOffice Support
· NeoWiki

Announcements
· Twitter @NeoOffice

Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - Maximum number of rows exceeded?
Maximum number of rows exceeded?

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mith
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 1:57 am    Post subject: Maximum number of rows exceeded?

Hello,
I am trying to load a CSV file with NeoOffice 2.2.3.
The file is correctly detected, I confirm the delimiters (, as a separator, " for text). When importing the document I read:
"The maximum number of rows has been exceeded. Excess rows were not imported".

The file is 5716 lines. I thought the limit would be higher and in fact, I opened the text file with a text editor, split it in two files.
The first file is now 2815 lines (the files were not evenly split on purpose) and the second one is 2917.
When I load the first file I still get the error of exceeded maximum of lines, but I do not get it for the second.

I wonder if the error message is simply the wrong one in the wrong place and the error refers to something else.

Any way I can debug this? Maybe enabling some extra logging. I could also provide the file if you want it for testing. Offline, please.
Jim
Councilperson

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 12:53 am    Post subject:

I think I'd try splitting that file another way. File #1 =about two lines. File #2 the rest. If #2 opens, then your culprit is in the header.

Alternatively, open the file in a text editor like TextEdit or Text Wrangler, copy all the stuff, and paste it into a new file. Try opening that new one.

mith
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 2:29 am    Post subject:

While viewing the file I noticed 1 row with some badly encoded character (this file comes from a customer, so I do not know where the character comes from and why it's there).

Removing that line solves the problem.

Still the error message is wrong.
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1