Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - calc - imported excel print ranges cannot be deleted
calc - imported excel print ranges cannot be deleted

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LJ-Bettona
Keymaker

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 1:28 am    Post subject: calc - imported excel print ranges cannot be deleted

I exported my ods to excel format and sent it to a friend. She modified the content and sent it back. Now, every time I try to print something, the contents of sheet 2 are printed.

My defined print ranges do not show up when I try Format - Print Ranges - Edit but her !!!???*** Excel_BuiltIn_Print_Area_1 is. And I cannot get rid of it. I cannot remove it. I cannot delete it. It is the only named range I can see on the Print Ranges list. And, to add insult to injury, the built in titles override the titles I have set!

Is it a property of N.O that my named ranges just not shown / remembered in the print ranges list? I can find them on the Name Box. I can move to them. I can Define them in Print Ranges, but when I go to Print Ranges - Edit, all I can see is entire sheet, user-defined, the four letter worded Excel print area and selection.

I've played with a different sheet and, of course, it is exactly the same except for not having the excel ranges.

This is really creating havoc as I have now generated about 8 sheets of scrap paper. This is a cost estimate sheet and has 3 areas - costs, summaries, and sheet 2. Every time I print any of the other two areas, all of sheet 2 is printed. It's as though my print ranges had this bit added to them. But I can't see it in the Print Ranges - Edit function. And, I cannot delete the Excel ranges.

So, anybody else have this problem? Anybody have a solution?

Thanks
Lorinda
Captain Mifune

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 4:38 am    Post subject:

Is the file still in xls format? If so, try saving it as ods. Does that help?

Lorinda
LJ-Bettona
Keymaker

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 5:07 am    Post subject:

Hi,

I saved it as an .ods and this was still happening. So I copied the sheet to a new one and then everything went wrong. See: http://trinity.neooffice.org/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=6063 for the disaster.

However, recovery worked and I now have an Excel free .ods sheet. I just hope she doesn't want to work on it again. I'll have to come up with some sort of renaming strategy to use so I can save the .xls sheet with the name I want. Shouldn't be too difficult. Just need to think. I would have done it at the start had I realised that Excel was so badly behaved!

Thanks for the thought.
Loretta
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1