Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - The media browser doesn't appear in spanish
The media browser doesn't appear in spanish

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Testing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
netocp-1
Oracle

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:31 pm    Post subject: The media browser doesn't appear in spanish

The media browser is a cool feature included in neooffice, but my problem is that I speak spanish and my computer runs in spanish as neooffice runs, and I think that media browser should runs in spanish too. why there aren't spanish translation for media browser? Very Happy
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:42 pm    Post subject:

NeoOffice does not have any Spanish translations for the Media Browser because no Spanish speakers have volunteered to translate the English text for us.

If you are interested in translating the text, below is a list of the English text that the Media Browser uses. If you can reply with the translations, we can add them in a future NeoOffice patch. If you can reply with translations in the next day, then we can include them in NeoOffice 2.2.5 Patch 1. However, if you need more time, they will be included in Patch 2 and NeoOffice 3.0 Early Access. To translate theses, just append the Spanish text after the "=" character in each line. Leave the English text before the "=" so that I can put the Spanish in the proper place in the Media Browser code:

Add=
Add Custom Folders...=
Address Book=
Aperture=
Apple Loop=
Artist=
Audio=
Audiobooks=
Bookmarks Bar=
Bookmarks Menu=
Collections=
Contacts=
Demo=
Desktop Pictures=
Drag additional source folders here=
Favorites=
Firefox=
GarageBand=
GarageBand Demo Songs=
iChat Icons=
iLife Sound Effects=
Images=
iMovie Sound Effects=
iPhoto=
iTunes=
Library=
Lightroom=
Lightroom 2=
Links=
Loading...=
Media=
movie=
Movies=
movies=
Movies Folder=
Music=
Music Folder=
My Compositions=
OmniWeb=
Party Shuffle=
photo=
Photos=
photos=
Pictures Folder=
Podcasts=
Purchased=
Remove Custom Folder=
Safari=
Screen Savers=
Sounds Folder=
Time=
Title=
track=
tracks=
TV Shows=
Unknown=
Unnamed=
User Pictures=
Videos=

Edit: I added "=" characters to match my translation instructions.

Second edit: I found some more text that needs to be translated:

NeoOffice Gallery=
Photo Grids:=
Show Captions=
Toolbar:=
Icon & Text=
Icon Only=
Text Only=
Small Size=

Patrick

Last edited by pluby on Tue Sep 23, 2008 6:38 pm; edited 2 times in total
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:55 pm    Post subject:

FYI. One thing that I forgot to mention is that normally we cannot easily insert translations into NeoOffice due to the way that NeoOffice's underlying OpenOffice.org code stores translations. Because of this, we need to wait for the OpenOffice.org volunteers to do the translations and then we get their translations when we upgrade the NeoOffice code to a new OpenOffice.org version.

Fortunately, the Media Browser is much easier to add translations and we can add new translations in a patch. The reason that the Media Browser is easier is that the developers of the Media Browser - Karelia Software - use the native Mac OS X translation storage formats so we can edit those using standard Mac OS X development tools.

Patrick
ovvldc
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:31 pm    Post subject:

I trust you also donate the translation back to Karelia?

Best wishes,
Oscar

pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:56 pm    Post subject:

ovvldc wrote:
I trust you also donate the translation back to Karelia

Only if the translator wants us to. By translating, the translator has some claim to copyright so just to be safe, if you translation the Media Browser stuff, let us know if you want to donate the translations to Karelia and then we can coordinate the donation.

Oscar, can you can confirm that you are OK with us donating your Dutch translations to Karelia? If so, I will send the donation e-mail to Karelia immediately.

Patrick
ovvldc
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 1:48 pm    Post subject:

Of course. Consider any translations I do here to be in the public domain, and free of warranty Wink.

Best wishes,
Oscar

netocp-1
Oracle

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:17 pm    Post subject: Hi

Hey Luby I think your case is very similar to mine. I speak spanish and a little of english and you speak english and a little of spanish.
Well yes, when I said "it liked me" I meant to "me gusto", "me intereso".
Pero yo no sabia que tu hablabas español tambien. como sea queria aclarar un poco esa duda y me referia a que cuando probe neooffice me encanto pues es un buen programa. If you don't understand this post please tell me and I will translate it.
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:46 pm    Post subject:

Entiendo casi todas las palabras. Pero si escucho una persona me dice las palabras, probablemente no entedería. Puedo escribir y leer español todavia pero hablo menos peor que en el pasado. Sad

Puedes traducir las palabras de Media Browser en la lista de este foro? Si puedes, voy a incluir tus traducciónes en la proxima patch.

Translation:

I understand almost all of the words. But if I hear a person say the words to me, I probably would not understand. I can still read and write Spanish, but I speak much worse than in the past.

Can you translate the Media Browser words in this forum's list? If you can, I will include your translations in the next patch.

Patrick
netocp-1
Oracle

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:57 pm    Post subject: Of course.

Yes, I can translate the media browser. But I want to know if I understand how: you say that I have to write the spanish translation after the equal sign. Is that so? Confused
djpimley
The Anomaly
(earlier version)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 3:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Of course.

netocp-1 wrote:
Yes, I can translate the media browser. But I want to know if I understand how: you say that I have to write the spanish translation after the equal sign. Is that so? Confused

That is so.

And better to call him Patrick, not Luby. Smile
netocp-1
Oracle

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 3:07 pm    Post subject: Ok

Well I will translate the words of the media browser as you say and I will put the translations in this same post. I consider that I only need four days as much. I hope I can be on time for the patch 1 relase. Smile
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 4:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Ok

netocp-1 wrote:
Well I will translate the words of the media browser as you say and I will put the translations in this same post. I consider that I only need four days as much. I hope I can be on time for the patch 1 relase. Smile

I was hoping to release Patch 1 sometime this weekend as Patch 1 contains a fix for a crashing bug and so it needs to be released very soon. In order to release on Saturday, I need to upload the patch this Thursday so that our mirror sites can get the patch.

If you cannot translate all of the text by Thursday, feel free to post any items that you can translate and I will include those. Those that you cannot translate by Thursday will continue to appear in English until the Patch 2.

Patrick
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 6:45 pm    Post subject:

netocp-1 wrote,

I found a some more English text that needs translating and I have added 8 more items at the end of my post. If you can, please translate these as well.

Oscar,

I found 6 more new items in the Media Browser that need Dutch translation. If you can translate them, I will include them in Patch 1:

Add=
Add Custom Folders...=
Collections=
Drag additional source folders here=
Remove Custom Folder=
TV Shows=

Patrick
ovvldc
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:05 pm    Post subject:

pluby wrote:
Add= Voeg toe
Add Custom Folders...= Voeg eigen map toe...
Collections= Verzamelingen
Drag additional source folders here= Sleep hier meer bronmappen naartoe
Remove Custom Folder= Verwijder uw eigen map
TV Shows= TV programma's

Mind you, "Add <x>" = "Voeg <x> toe" in Dutch..

Best wishes,
Oscar

pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:38 pm    Post subject:

ovvldc wrote:
Mind you, "Add <x>" = "Voeg <x> toe" in Dutch.

I have included your translations. As for the "Add" translation, this text appears alone in a button in the file open dialog so there is no text to insert and the button will appear as "Voeg toe".

Patrick
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Testing All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2