Support
· Forums
· NeoOffice Support
· NeoWiki

Announcements
· Twitter @NeoOffice

Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - Undo menu has incorrect menu item after pasting in Calc
Undo menu has incorrect menu item after pasting in Calc

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases
View previous topic :: View next topic  
theordore
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 5:13 pm    Post subject:

Sorry, i am just getting back to your site after my last post, and am just now reading your suggestewd actions. I will try them probably early in the morning as i am swamped again, and report ASAP thereafter.

Since my last post, with Spotlight turned off, i have done several hours of heavy-duty spreadshseet work with NO 3.0.1 ( multiple large worksheets in one file, various files opean at the same time, and function formulas applied accross multiple columns). NO stood up to the test!

I have one **small** quibble. When I want to undo a Paste your screen says "Undo Copy". At some point, not urgent, you might say "Undo Paste".

In response to your situation, I just made another donation at PayPal. I can't make monthly don ations; but will mke more as NO comes through in support of my work as it has done in the past couple of days. Thanks!
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 5:27 pm    Post subject:

theordore wrote:
I have one **small** quibble. When I want to undo a Paste your screen says "Undo Copy". At some point, not urgent, you might say "Undo Paste".

This particular menu is controlled by NeoOffice's underlying OpenOffice.org code so I suspect you may have found an OpenOffice.org bug. If you can list some steps that I can do to reproduce this bug, I can determine if it is an OpenOffice.org bug or if the bug is a NeoOffice bug.

Patrick
narf
The Anomaly

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:19 pm    Post subject:

pluby wrote:
theordore wrote:

This particular menu is controlled by NeoOffice's underlying OpenOffice.org code so I suspect you may have found an OpenOffice.org bug. If you can list some steps that I can do to reproduce this bug, I can determine if it is an OpenOffice.org bug or if the bug is a NeoOffice bug.

I was able to reproduce this. Following are the steps to reproduce this bug:

1. Open a Calc document
2. Copy then Paste some information from one cell to another
3. Select Edit :: Undo. The Edit menu shows Undo: Copy.

OpenOffice.org 3.0.1 shows the following after doing the above steps:
Undo: Insert

This appears to be a bug with Novell's Go-oo modifications because I see the same Undo: Copy menu item in my Go-oo build after doing the above steps.

NeoOffice 2.2.6 shows:
Undo: Insert

Doing the above steps in a text document shows:
Undo: Paste Clipboard

--fran

Edited to add: The above is also true for the Edit::Repeat menu item.

Last edited by narf on Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
narf
The Anomaly

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:34 pm    Post subject:

FYI: I have opened bug 3569 to track this issue.

-- fran
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:34 am    Post subject:

I think that I have found the Novell Go-oo code that causes this bug and I have fixed this bug. Can you install the test patch and tell us if the fix works for you?:

Intel:
http://joe.neooffice.org/test/NeoOffice-3.0.1-Patch-0-Test-6-Intel.dmg

PowerPC:
http://joe.neooffice.org/test/NeoOffice-3.0.1-Patch-0-Test-6-PowerPC.dmg

Patrick
theordore
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:06 am    Post subject:

After "patch 6...":

At my end there is a partial ( and acceptable) fix after I do a Copy, Paste and try to undo the Paste. The screen shows " Undo Insert" ("Paste" would of course be better but "Insert" is okay.)

Unfortunately a larger problem crops up when I Cut a portion of what I just pasted, Pasted the cut in another cell and then tried to undo. The screen says "Undo Move" -- which would confuse a lot of people.

I can live with this, since I know what is the error; so I am just sending you user feedback.
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:07 am    Post subject:

theordore wrote:
At my end there is a partial ( and acceptable) fix after I do a Copy, Paste and try to undo the Paste. The screen shows " Undo Insert" ("Paste" would of course be better but "Insert" is okay.)

Unfortunately a larger problem crops up when I Cut a portion of what I just pasted, Pasted the cut in another cell and then tried to undo. The screen says "Undo Move" -- which would confuse a lot of people.

Sorry, but "Undo Insert" and "Undo Move" is what the menus are supposed to show and is the normal behavior in NeoOffice 3.0.1's underlying OpenOffice.org 3.0.1 code.

What you may be assuming is that I fixed this bug by hardcoding "Insert" and "Move" into the code. I did not. The text is generated by a separate section of OpenOffice.org code and the text is pulled from one of localization files for the 59 languages that NeoOffice supports based on the last action that was performed. The bug was that the last action - pasting - was not being processed by OpenOffice.org's undo manager code so you got the menu for the next to last action - copying - instead of the last action.

Unfortunately, our very limited donations only provides enough funding for one fulltime developer which limits the current scope of the NeoOffice project to keeping a stable version of OpenOffice.org running on Mac OS X. Because of these limits, changing OpenOffice.org's descriptive text and retranslating those labels in OpenOffice.org's several dozen language pack files is outside that scope.

Patrick
narf
The Anomaly

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 11:17 am    Post subject:

FYI. The fix is included in NeoOffice 3.0.1 Patch 1. You can download the patch from the following URL:

http://www.neooffice.org/neojava/patch.php

-- fran
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:54 pm    Post subject:

FYI. The fix fo this bug has been included in the NeoOffice 3.0.2 Early Access release. Early Access Program members can download it from the following URL:

http://www.neooffice.org/neojava/earlyaccessdownload.php

Patrick
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1