Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache: 4 MB
Memory: 1 GB
Bus Speed: 800 MHz
Boot ROM Version: IM71.007A.B03
SMC Version (system): 1.20f4
Serial Number (system): W88016QKX86
Hardware UUID: 00000000-0000-1000-8000-001EC203E91A

The problem comes with trying to shutdown the iMac. I get a warning that NeoOffice has blocked the shutdown. Sometimes I can quit (on some occasions I have had to Force Quit) NeoOffice, and the shutdown can proceed. On a couple of occasions I have had to use the Power Button to shut down. Any suggestions would be appreciated!
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Shutdown conflict

griff wrote:
The problem comes with trying to shutdown the iMac. I get a warning that NeoOffice has blocked the shutdown. Sometimes I can quit (on some occasions I have had to Force Quit) NeoOffice, and the shutdown can proceed. On a couple of occasions I have had to use the Power Button to shut down. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

I fixed some hanging and crashing bugs in NeoOffice 3.1.1 Patch 1 so can you install that patch and tell us if the problem still occurs? You can download Patch 1 from the NeoOffice patch download page.

If the problem still occurs and you have to force quit NeoOffice, can you obtain a sample of the NeoOffice application before you force quit it and attach the sample file that is generated? The steps for obtaining a sample are in this NeoWiki article. Once you have a sample file, you can attach it to your post using these steps.

Patrick
griff
Red Pill

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:34 pm    Post subject:

Thanks for your quick response. I have installed the patch, and will let you know if this continues to be a problem.
djpimley
The Anomaly
(earlier version)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:26 pm    Post subject:

Note that it's quite normal for an application to block the shutdown process if it is waiting for feedback from the user.

For example, when an application receives the quit message from the system, there may be unsaved work in the application and so it will prompt the user to save or discard. If the user does not respond quickly enough then the system will cancel the shutdown due to the application blocking its progress.

Perhaps this is the situation you are experiencing.
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:26 am    Post subject:

djpimley wrote:
For example, when an application receives the quit message from the system, there may be unsaved work in the application and so it will prompt the user to save or discard. If the user does not respond quickly enough then the system will cancel the shutdown due to the application blocking its progress.

Good point. I forgot to mention that if you have unsaved work, NeoOffice will display a modal dialog asking you to save, discard, or cancel. If you are trying to shutdown your Mac and that is what is stopping the shutdown, I should be able to see that in the sample file that you collect.

Patrick
griff
Red Pill

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:32 am    Post subject:

Thank you both for the suggestion about unsaved work. While I don't believe this is an issue for us, we will make it a point to be vigilant about that. So far, everything's OK.
griff
Red Pill

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:53 pm    Post subject:

I think the Patch did the trick, at least we seem to be trouble-free so far. Thanks so much.
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:55 pm    Post subject:

griff wrote:
I think the Patch did the trick, at least we seem to be trouble-free so far. Thanks so much.

That is good news. Thanks for letting us know that Patch 1 fixes the problem.

Patrick
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1