Support
· Forums
· NeoOffice Support
· NeoWiki

Announcements
· Twitter @NeoOffice

Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - NeoOffice/J 1.1 Beta is released!
NeoOffice/J 1.1 Beta is released!

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Testing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 4:18 pm    Post subject:

I did a search through all of the resource files in the OOo 1.1.3 source code and I did not find a single Lithuanian entry!

Apparently, Sun added Lithuanian to the list of available languages in the OOo 1.1.3 make files, but they did not add any Lithuanian strings to any of the resource files.

Why you are seeing German is because when the OOo code does not find a string for your language, it displays the default language which is German (the primary language of Sun's OOo developers).

Sorry to break the bad news. Sad

Patrick
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 4:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Torrent file for Beta download?

Anonymous wrote:
Any chance of getting a torrent going for the download? (probably less stress on your download server and good for me to go on and off on my internet connection Smile ...)

Thanks much for this.
I'm a law student at UBC and use NeoOffice/J for all my office needs.
regds,
Hari

What do we need to get this going? Before Ed always set things up and I just helped seed when I was on campus. I'm happy to seed for a while, since I'm home for the holidays on DSL, and I noticed the mirror I chose (planamesa.org) seemed slow.

If all I need to do is generate a .torrent from my Beta download and upload the .torrent, I can do that, too...but don't we need a tracker, too? I don't know much about BT.

Edit: Yeah, we need a tracker to even generate the torrent. Sad

Edit 2: I think I extracted the correct tracker info from Ed's torrent of the OOo 1.1.2 GM. Grab the torrent here and see if it works Smile If not, we'll have to wait for Ed.

Smokey

Last edited by sardisson on Tue Dec 21, 2004 4:38 pm; edited 2 times in total
sjolit
Sentinel

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 4:31 pm    Post subject:

Oh well... [sigh] At least now I know where the German was coming from.

Anyway, thanks for looking!
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 6:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Torrent file for Beta download?

sardisson wrote:
Edit 2: I think I extracted the correct tracker info from Ed's torrent of the OOo 1.1.2 GM. Grab the torrent here and see if it works Smile If not, we'll have to wait for Ed.

Yup, you got the trinity tracker URL correct. I can't connect due to my firewall config here, but I was able to verify that everything is pointing to the tracker just fine and that there's an active seeder.

I also mirrored the torrent file here too:

http://trinity.neooffice.org/torrents/NeoOfficeJ-1.1_Beta.torrent

It's just an alternate URL if for some reason thousands of people grabbing the 9K file hits against your .Mac limit Razz

Remember, if you download it from the torrent, keep your connection active for a bit so you can be a seeder too and help spread the bandwidth load!

ed
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 6:21 pm    Post subject:

Also, don't forget that you don't have to download it from a torrent to be a seeder...if you want to help be one of the initial seeders and you've already downloaded the disk image from onen of the mirrors you can fire up your favorite BT client and point to that dimage as the download location and you should automatically become a seeder.

ed
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 6:27 pm    Post subject:

sjolit wrote:
Oh well... [sigh] At least now I know where the German was coming from.

Anyway, thanks for looking!

You may want to try asking the Lithuanian OOo native language project about their support for localizing OOo into the language:

http://lt.openoffice.org/

Many times native language projects do their localizations but they don't get incorporated back into the main OpenOffice.org source code. If that is the case, it may be possible to build the translated version once we can find their sources. I looked through it briefly, but I wasn't able to understand too much being a silly American Wink

ed
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 6:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Torrent file for Beta download?

OPENSTEP wrote:
Yup, you got the trinity tracker URL correct. I can't connect due to my firewall config here, but I was able to verify that everything is pointing to the tracker just fine and that there's an active seeder.

Thanks! ATM no one seems interested, but as I said, I'll keep seeding.

OPENSTEP wrote:
It's just an alternate URL if for some reason thousands of people grabbing the 9K file hits against your .Mac limit Razz

I certainly hope it doesn't hit the limit Smile The Neo/J screenshots for the wiki (and mentioned on www.neooffice.org, too--thanks again) and the preview image for the OOo screenshot, as well as the updated Neo/J globe image (128x128 version) and header in the wiki are all served from there, too. I'm not safe for /.ing Exclamation

Smokey
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 7:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Torrent file for Beta download?

sardisson wrote:

Well, news of the release hasn't hit major DDoS-capable sites like macslash and macnn so I wouldn't give up all hope...Wink

ed <--- fears for his bandwidth
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 10:31 pm    Post subject:

Some things for the weekend....

After running through and updating the wiki, I've been nosing around the web looking for "missing"/out-of-sync things and news now that Beta is here.

A bunch of minor little things I've noticed that can be changed as y'all get a second, or WONTFIXed as appropriate Smile

• The new header on www.planamesa.com/neojava seems to have many compression artifacts, especially noticeable around the "Neo/J" text. These weren't present in the version Dan sent me, and indeed, the planamesa file is 12K compared to 32K in the version I had. If it's not too much of a strain on the bandwidth, the 32K version looks much better Smile

• There's no mention of Beta in the news on www.neooffice.org Smile

• VersionTracker and MacUpdate still have some outdated/missing info in their listings.

• Since Patrick has pretty much excised the "this is a prototype for software developers only" text from all of planamesa/neojava, should the descriptive text at VT and MU be updated, or does that need to hold off until 1.1 Final/GM? (Also, one of the big features of Beta is Aqua menus, yet the text says "no Aquafication going on in Neo/J" Smile)

• VT has the old RAM reqs (256 MB), MU doesn't list any RAM reqs.

• MU has the old ship for the app image; VT has no such image (a Mac OS 9 document!). Let me know what size/format each place needs and I'll do those based on the ship/globe icon (like I did for trinity news stories).

• MU's screenshot (from planamesa/neojava) is from the 0.x series (in-document menus); VT has no screenshot.

• VT folks tend to like a "what's new" list Smile

Anyway, feel free to WONTFIX these or delegate if needed...after you celebrate the past four months of work and the past two weeks of crazy work! Alf mabruk wa alf shukr! [1000 congratulations and 1000 thanks!]

Smokey
[Edit: added the "what's new" comment I forgot earlier]

Last edited by sardisson on Tue Dec 21, 2004 11:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 10:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Torrent file for Beta download?

OPENSTEP wrote:
Well, news of the release hasn't hit major DDoS-capable sites like macslash and macnn so I wouldn't give up all hope...Wink

ed <--- fears for his bandwidth

Heh. Apparently we got trumped by Adobe releasing a version of Acrobat Reader that doesn't completely suck and is a slight improvement from 6.x (although the Camino boards are afire that the new PDF reader plugin only works with Safari and disables Schubert's in non-Safari browsers...). Anyway.

Now that we are Beta, I'm going to post to dev@wp.openoffice.org to let the long-suffering Mac folks on there know we have a solution that reads their WP and WP-Mac documents....

We'll see wha tomorrow brings Smile

Smokey
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 11:01 pm    Post subject:

sardisson wrote:
The new header on www.planamesa.com/neojava seems to have many compression artifacts, especially noticeable around the "Neo/J" text. These weren't present in the version Dan sent me, and indeed, the planamesa file is 12K compared to 32K in the version I had. If it's not too much of a strain on the bandwidth, the 32K version looks much better Smile

I just opened the PSD file using Preview and saved it as JPEG. That is probably the cause of the compression. I have resaved the JPEG using "best" quality instead of "medium" quality and pushed it to the website.

sardisson wrote:
Since Patrick has pretty much excised the "this is a prototype for software developers only" text from all of planamesa/neojava, should the descriptive text at VT and MU be updated, or does that need to hold off until 1.1 Final/GM? (Also, one of the big features of Beta is Aqua menus, yet the text says "no Aquafication going on in Neo/J" Smile)

I think it would be good to push our latest text. Feel free to borrow wording from the following URLs: http://www.planamesa.com/neojava/index.php
http://www.planamesa.com/neojava/faq.php

Patrick
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 11:20 pm    Post subject:

pluby wrote:
I just opened the PSD file using Preview and saved it as JPEG. That is probably the cause of the compression. I have resaved the JPEG using "best" quality instead of "medium" quality and pushed it to the website.

Ah, I see. Dan had sent me a JPEG as a preview, and I assumed he had sent you the same one along with the PSD. New version looks great!

pluby wrote:
sardisson wrote:
Since Patrick has pretty much excised the "this is a prototype for software developers only" text from all of planamesa/neojava, should the descriptive text at VT and MU be updated

I think it would be good to push our latest text. Feel free to borrow wording from the following URLs: http://www.planamesa.com/neojava/index.php
http://www.planamesa.com/neojava/faq.php

I'll put something together for you (I assume only you can submit those changes to MU and VT)--but I think in the morning when I know I can think clearly Smile It's been a long day of Christmas shopping + arrival of Beta Smile

Smokey

(Ooooh, 1 lone downloader on my torrent!)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 3:39 am    Post subject: Re: Torrent file for Beta download?

sardisson wrote:
OPENSTEP wrote:

OPENSTEP wrote:

I certainly hope it doesn't hit the limit Smile The Neo/J screenshots for the wiki (and mentioned on www.neooffice.org, too--thanks again) and the preview image for the OOo screenshot, as well as the updated Neo/J globe image (128x128 version) and header in the wiki are all served from there, too. I'm not safe for /.ing Exclamation

Smokey

Thanks much. I'm using the torrent you posted and will try to seed it whenever I'm online. I wonder if it's possible to have your link on the download page so people know they can use the torrent...might markedly lessen the load on the main servers especially for the major releases.

regds,

Hari

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 4:17 am    Post subject:

I agree we should have torrents on the download page along with the direct link.

My torrent is up and seeding, I had already downloaded.

- Andrea

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 6:02 am    Post subject:

I hope it is okay to post this here.

First of all: Thanks for your great work. I really am very happy to eventually have an alternative to Office. Thanks and thanks again.

Here is my suggestion for the final:

Would it be very hard to rearrange the menu entries now that the whole menubar is a real mac menubar? My primary concern ist that the prefs aren't in the app menu and the there are two "quit" entries. One in the app menu and one in the file menu. The one in the file menu could be eliminated.

Other than that it's some rea great app. Thanks again!
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Testing All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5