· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - Any hanging with Neo/J 1.1 Beta "Patch-4"
Any hanging with Neo/J 1.1 Beta "Patch-4"

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Testing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 3:29 pm    Post subject: Any hanging with Neo/J 1.1 Beta "Patch-4"

I have only had this happen to me twice in the last few days, but has anyone experienced hanging after they installed "Patch-4"? If so, can you try the test patch in bug 331 (http://bugzilla.neooffice.org/bug.php?op=show&bugid=331&pos=0) and see if the hanging stops occurring and report your results in the bug?

Patrick
Franck

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 6:17 am    Post subject: Problem with patch 4.1

Confused I haven't succeded in expanding the testpatch 4.1 (I did get hanging NeoOffice while trying to open one file) : I entered your commands in the terminal and what I obtained is :

[Ordinateur-de-Franck-Pastor:/Applications/NeoOfficeJ.app] fp% sudo tar zxvf /Users/fp/Desktop/NeoOfficeJ-1.1_Beta-testpatch-4.1.tar.gz
Password:
Contents/MacOS/libdtransjava645mxp.dylib
Contents/MacOS/libvcl645mxp.dylib

gzip: stdin: unexpected end of file
tar: Unexpected EOF in archive
tar: Unexpected EOF in archive
tar: Error is not recoverable: exiting now
kuehnp
Blue Pill

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 5:13 pm    Post subject: Hanging

Smile Patch 4 had a remarkable good effect on speed (patch 2 seemed to slow NeoOfficeJ). I restarted after installation and have had no crashing nor hanging.
mr280
Blue Pill

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 8:21 am    Post subject:

I had problems with the patch installer hanging on the GPL screen, but on the third try it worked.

Eric
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 11:49 am    Post subject: Re: Problem with patch 4.1

Franck wrote:
Confused I haven't succeded in expanding the testpatch 4.1 (I did get hanging NeoOffice while trying to open one file) : I entered your commands in the terminal and what I obtained

Did you check the MD5 sum for the patch?

Code:

openssl md5 /path/to/patch

If you're seeing premature end of file errors the best bet is that the download of the patch file got interrupted and you'll have to try to redownload it.

ed
knussear
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 1:42 pm    Post subject:

This version seem to print some printing hangs (Neo Crashed outright) I had when changing to a shared printer at home.

I am having trouble printing one sheet out of a calc file though. I can print all sheets just fine, but if I print just the selected sheet I get nothing.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Ken
ovvldc
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 9:24 am    Post subject: Re: Any hanging with Neo/J 1.1 Beta "Patch-4"

pluby wrote:
I have only had this happen to me twice in the last few days, but has anyone experienced hanging after they installed "Patch-4"? If so, can you try the test patch in bug 331 (http://bugzilla.neooffice.org/bug.php?op=show&bugid=331&pos=0) and see if the hanging stops occurring and report your results in the bug?

Well, I was editing a document and the app just exited. No bug, no spinning wheel, no crash report, nothing. Restarting, it asked me if I wanted to fix the document. I said yes, but I get empty pages that only show grey background, not even the white where paper is supposed to be...

I'll add my edits again. But from the looks of it, the patch in big 331 deals with something else..

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 2:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Problem with patch 4.1

OPENSTEP wrote:
If you're seeing premature end of file errors the best bet is that the download of the patch file got interrupted and you'll have to try to redownload it.

ed

You were right Smile I redowload it and it has been installed correctly. No more "hangings" for the moment...
v5l

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 1:58 am    Post subject: Hanging of other Java Apps

Something very weird Sad

after installing Patch 4, I could no longer start Jedit 4.2 and Eclipse 3.0.1.
Funny thing is: If Neooffice/J is running, I can use Jedit and Eclispe.

I think it's time for a reinstall of OS X.

G V
Waldo
Oracle

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 10:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Hanging of other Java Apps

v5l wrote:
Funny thing is: If Neooffice/J is running, I can use Jedit

Professional courtesy? Wink

W
v5l

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 2:56 am    Post subject: Re: Hanging of other Java Apps

Waldo wrote:
Professional courtesy? Wink

I really don't blame it on neooffice/j.
But it was an funny coincident Smile.

By the way, big shout's to the devs, I enjoy neooffice/j very much.

V
MosGuy
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 12:26 am    Post subject:

So far the patch has been fine for me, but I haven't used NeoOffice that much. I will be using it a lot the rest of the week though. I'll post back if I notice any problems but so far it's been 100%.

Rick

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 10:41 pm    Post subject: Printing

I've been using 1.1beta for a couple of days now, but today's the first time I tried (gulp!) printing.

The program played very nicely with the installed driver for our (remote, Departmental) printer. It brought up the Aqua dialogue box for the driver and offered all of the printer's options, so I tried a difficult print command: printing 2-up, multiple copies collated and stapled. The document, imported from Word, had Windows fonts originally, including bold and italic bits.

Everything worked! I'm very impressed.

Cheers, Phil
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Testing All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1