· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - GUI Icon Redesign
GUI Icon Redesign

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Development
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 10:54 pm    Post subject: Re: New light grey colour (for Neo performance patch)

ovvldc wrote:
Because that is the way Neo-Iconer works...

I understand now and it makes sense to me.

Patrick
aussie149
The Merovingian

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 9:36 pm    Post subject: Crystal Icons now ready

I have "finished" the set of Crystal icons.

http://www.geocities.com/aussie_149/NeoIcons.html

This is a set of icons designed for use with Neo-Iconer 0.8.2, from Brett James at

http://brettisangry.com/NeoOffice/

You will need to be running Imagemagick 5.7 to run that program [the latest Imagemagick is 6.x]. If you need it, get the older version from Brett's site, or from Marc Liyanage at

http://www.entropy.ch/software/macosx/welcome.html

The bulk of these icons come from the set of Crystal icons included with OpenOffice.org 2.0, complemented by some excellent icons in a roughly similar style from these sets:

1. Crystal [now Crystal Clear] by Everaldo Coelho
2. Nuvola by David Vignoni
3. KDEMac by ??

The first two of these sets are from www.kde-look.org The third appears to no longer exist.

There are several icons not replaced from the slotlist used by NeoIoconer. Most of these are in the original "Crystal" set and are "legacy" OOo icons, for which there appears to be no new Crystal design.

Hope some will find these useful.

Cheers
Peter
aussie149
The Merovingian

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 9:38 pm    Post subject:

I think that should have been Imagemagick 5.5.7?
aussie149
The Merovingian

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 11:17 pm    Post subject:

Oh, one more thing...

As Oscar said before, you need to set the background to ECECEC in config.tcl in NeoIconer

set bg "#ECECEC"
astrobryguy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 4:31 pm    Post subject:

Should that be NeoIconer 0.8.1? I don't see 0.8.2 at the brettisanger site...
aussie149
The Merovingian

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 10:04 pm    Post subject: Version

Quite right, astro. I think I must have been numbering folders to distinguish one from another, and introduced my *own* numbering. The latest one on Brett's website is it, and that's 0.8.1. BTW, if anyone is using these, I made at least one typo: ironically, I have "flipped" the names for "flip-horizontally" and "flip-vertically". I know, there's a joke in there!

You can fix this by changing the icon names youself, then running NeoIconer again...or you can wait. I will be putting up a new version soon, correcting that, and putting in the OOo2 icons for "channel-red/blue/green", as well as filling the remaining 17 slots with stock gtk icons, so you can watch NeoIconer fill in 525 asterisks [thanks BTW Oscar for the list: I wouldn't know where to start without it]. It's one small step for [a] man...

Other issues: for some reason "insert-ole-object" and "insert-applet" in the "insert floating object toolbar" are reversed, but that seems to be something indepenedent of my changes. And there was no icon for "data-previous" [there's none in OOo2], so I reversed the icon for "data-next" in GIMP. Not sure it's transparent? And "form-navigator" is cobbled together, so I might remove that from the next version and leave in the gtk stock icon.

I also have a set of about 100 Aqua/AquaFusion icons I will put up for interest's sake. This is a dead-end street, because development of these icons seemed to end abruptly in Jan 2003. However, It's worth a look.

Peter
aussie149
The Merovingian

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 2:45 am    Post subject: Re: Version

aussie149 wrote:
Quite right, astro. .... I will be putting up a new version soon, correcting that, and putting in the OOo2 icons for "channel-red/blue/green", as well as filling the remaining 17 slots with stock gtk icons, so you can watch NeoIconer fill in 525 asterisks [thanks BTW Oscar for the list: I wouldn't know where to start without it]. It's one small step for [a] man...

And "form-navigator" is cobbled together, so I might remove that from the next version and leave in the gtk stock icon.

I also have a set of about 100 Aqua/AquaFusion icons I will put up for interest's sake. This is a dead-end street, because development of these icons seemed to end abruptly in Jan 2003. However, It's worth a look.

Peter

Done this now. Let me know if there are any problems, or if anyone is actually using these! Smile

yoxi
Cipher

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 3:47 am    Post subject: Re: Version

aussie149 wrote:
Let me know if there are any problems, or if anyone is actually using these! Smile

Wow - look at all those asterisks! It's worked fine for me - though I only use Writer/Calc, so haven't looked at all the icons.

<subjective> I'm very glad to have clearer insert/delete row/column icons now. Can't stand the Font Colour and Paragraph Background icons, though - the latter looks like street pizza Smile - and the Record Macro icon is jaggy, so I've reverted to my old set for those. </subjective> So I've made my own blend, but that's been made possible by your labours, for which thanks!

If anyone is using ShapeShifter themes, you'll need to use the Digital Color Meter (in /Applications/Utilities) to find out the correct hex colour for your background colour to put in config.tcl before running neoiconer - and if you change themes, you'll need to re-run neoiconer with the new colour, but it's worth it. Ooh, pretty.

- yoxi

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 5:45 pm    Post subject:

I get all black icons and I have the latest version of ImageMagick installed !
aussie149
The Merovingian

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 5:58 pm    Post subject:

Anonymous wrote:
I get all black icons and I have the latest version of ImageMagick installed !

That may be the problem. NeoIconer doesn't work with the latest version of ImageMagick Sad You need the earlier version of 5.5.7 - and you will have to get rid of the new version. I think I had to do force-remove under Fink Commander to get rid of mine, and then re-installed the earlier version manually, but others hopefully may have bettter methods.

Peter

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 6:10 pm    Post subject:

I don't use Fink because it is not convenient, especially to install more than 30 Mb just to be able to use a piece of code of 5 Mb. I use the one directly provided by ImageMagick and build my own package. Unfortunately, I won't install the old 5.5.7 because I need functions only avalaivle in 6.2 and it corrrects numbers of bugs.

there might have a bug somewhere in the script because if I execute this command
Code:
cd /Users/me/Desktop/Neo-Iconer\ Ver\ 0.8.1/aqua/22x22/
convert *.png -border 4 -bordercolor "#0000FF" -resize 22x22 /Users/me/Desktop/Neo-Iconer\ Ver\ 0.8.1/22x22/*.bmp
it works perfectly. Just I get 441 bmp pictures with a grey background instead of a single one.

The best, if it is something possible to do, would be to integrate your own release of ImageMagick in your scripts to make everything independant like this no worries for no one Smile
astrobryguy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 3:40 pm    Post subject: Bravo!

All I can say is WOW! Very Happy

Very nice, aussie
aussie149
The Merovingian

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 2:58 am    Post subject: How to...

If someone wants to do a set of the 'standard" icons in OOo2.0 [sort of MS Office-ish] or the "industrial" ones [sort of gnome-ish], I have put up a note on Methodology on the page

I don't want to waste space here with this, because I imagine that most readers of this forum know all this. However if like me you are a dunce at code, and can't help much with bug reports, you may want to do something that is undo-able, and won't damage the source code [is the term 'foobar"?] Smile

Peter
JKT
The Anomaly
(earlier version)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 3:37 am    Post subject:

Quick question - is there any reason why the Text shadow button isn't getting changed at all in Writer or is it just me?

Note - it remains that icon no matter which icon set I choose.

Please visit The Land Gallery at http://www.thelandgallery.com for nature-inspired British Fine Art
ericbachard
Pure-blooded Human

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 4:42 am    Post subject:

Hi,

Reading : <http://www.geocities.com/aussie_149/NeoIcons.html>

Just for say the name of the application you just use the icons is OpenOffice.org, not OOo like you wrote.
Use a bad name is not very correct from your part.

Please, modify.

Thank's in advance

--
eric bachard
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Development All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 9 of 15