Support
· Forums
· NeoOffice Support
· NeoWiki

Announcements
· Twitter @NeoOffice

Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - Checksum NeoOffice 2.1 Patch 0?
Checksum NeoOffice 2.1 Patch 0?

NeoOffice Forum Index -> Mirrors
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yang2Gui3zi
Blue Pill

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 9:19 pm    Post subject: Checksum NeoOffice 2.1 Patch 0?

I just downloaded NeoOffice 2.1 Patch 0 for Intel, in English language, and installed it onto my MacBook Pro.

I looked for the MD5 checksum on the various Webpages through which I navigated to get to the download link. Perhaps it was there somewhere, but I didn't see it. I went back and looked again, but still without success.

Would someone please post the MD5 checksum for that version in response to this posting of mine? Or, if the MD5 checksum is somewhere on the Trinity Website, or on some other Website, would you please post the URL in reply?

If the MD5 checksums for all the versions of NeoOffice 2.1 are not on the Webpages where the user makes his or her selection of download mirror, may I respectfully suggest that that is the place to put them.

With kind regards,
洋鬼子 (Yang2Gui3zi)
Samwise
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 8:08 am    Post subject:

There are no checksums available for the NeoOffice downloads, although you can find the byte counts on the download page. Since it appeared that most people won't even bother to check the byte count, it's been decided that providing MD5 sums wasn't necessary.

IIRC, Mac OS X will verify a disk image before mounting it anyway, so if it mounts it should be OK.
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 10:39 am    Post subject:

Yes right now there are no checksums posted; the internal CRC of the disk image will automatically verify if the disk image was corrupted on download. If it did get corrupted you will probably see some error like "checksum invalid" or "codec overrun" when trying to mount the disk image in the Finder.

ed
Yang2Gui3zi
Blue Pill

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 12:21 pm    Post subject:

The Forums index for the Mirrors forum says
Quote:
Users, don't forget to check those MD5 sums!
Perhaps the moderator might remove this admonition, as there is no longer any MD5 sum to check.
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 1:11 pm    Post subject:

Aha! Good call. I'll remove that tagline Smile

Here's the PowerPC, fwiw:

MD5(NeoOffice-2.1-PowerPC.dmg)= e34981b43d932a7cfc7239da4a82b7c9

ed
esquid2
Blue Pill

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 9:47 pm    Post subject:

in all respect CRCs on the disk image only make sure it wasn't corrupted in transit. since this is all going over the network unencrypted, could we please get md5sums to verify the package has not been tampered with (served over https)?

sincerely,
the paranoid sysadmin
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> Mirrors All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1