Support
· Forums
· NeoOffice Support
· NeoWiki

Announcements
· Twitter @NeoOffice

Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - Spanish translation for NeoOffice Page - www.neooffice.org
Spanish translation for NeoOffice Page - www.neooffice.org

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoWiki and Website Development
View previous topic :: View next topic  
netocp-1
Oracle

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 6:24 pm    Post subject: Spanish translation for NeoOffice Page - www.neooffice.org

Hello, well Patrick I did as you said, I have created this topic to post the spanish translation for the NeoOffice Page.

I will translate the pages slowly, but I will.

I will translate the NeoOffice Main Page first.
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 6:26 pm    Post subject:

That sounds good. When you post a translation, it will require a day or two for me to put the translation on the website, but I will reply when a translation is on the website.

Patrick
netocp-1
Oracle

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 6:39 pm    Post subject: Hello again

Patrick I will post the spanish translations for main page on sunday afternoon.

But can the menus of the main page be translated too?
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 7:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Hello again

netocp-1 wrote:
But can the menus of the main page be translated too?

Yes. All text on our www.neooffice.org website can be translated.

Patrick
netocp-1
Oracle

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:55 pm    Post subject: Hello

Hello Patrick, first I wanna excuse me because I couldn't post the spanish translations for NeoOffice main page on yesterday afternoon because I was very busy at the school.

But now I post the spanish translations for Neo main page. And the translations are:

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Of the menus:

Home = Inicio
Downloads = Descargas
Support = Soporte
Trinity Forums = Foros Trinity
Build Instructions = Instrucciones de construcción

Of the early access:

NeoOffice 3.0 Early Access Program = Programa de Acceso Temprano a NeoOffice 3.0

Of OpenOffice 3.0:

NeoOffice.org welcomes OpenOffice.org to the Mac OS X community = NeoOffice.org le da la bienvenida a OpenOffice.org a la comunidad de Mac OS X

Of the slogan:

NeoOffice® is Mac OS X office software funded entirely by the time and money donated by our users = NeoOffice es un software ofimático para Mac OS X fundado totalmente por el tiempo y dinero donado por nuestros usuarios.

Of the body of the page that isn't translated:

NeoOffice is one of the most stable office suites for Mac OS X. We have created an office suite that is adapted to the unique needs of Mac users by taking the features in Sun Microsystems' OpenOffice.org office suite and adding improvements such as:

* Fast, free, and friendly support for all users
* Extremely stable Mac OS X code that has been in daily use by
hundreds of thousands of NeoOffice users since 2003
* Significant speed improvements to the OpenOffice.org code
* Dozens of features requested by our users designed specifically for
the Mac

Since 2003, NeoOffice has been the leading open source office software created and supported by Mac users specifically for Mac OS X and is used by over half a million people worldwide. NeoOffice is funded solely by the time and money donated by NeoOffice users like yourself. Without donations from our users, NeoOffice would not exist. Your donations have a huge impact on what we are able to provide our users.

NeoOffice está disponible sin costs alguno en la página web de descargas NeoOffice.

=

NeoOffice es una de las suites ofimáticas mas estables para Mac OS X. Hemos creado una suite ofimática que está adaptada a las únicas necesidades de los usuarios del Mac, al tomar las características de Sun Microsystems' en la suite ofimática de OpenOffice.org y al agregar mejoras tales como:

*Soporte rápido, gratuito y amigable para todos los usuarios
*Código de Mac OS X extremadamente estable que ha estado en diario
uso por cientos de miles de usuarios de NeoOffice desde el 2003
*Importantes mejoras de velocidad al código de OpenOffice.org
*Docenas de características solicitadas por nuestros usuarios,
diseñadas específicamente para el Mac

Desde el 2003, NeoOffice ha sido el principal software ofimático de código abierto creado y apoyado por usuarios del Mac específicamente por usuarios del Mac OS X y es utilizado por más de medio millón de personas en todo el mundo. NeoOffice está fundado únicamente por el tiempo y dinero donado por los usuarios de NeoOffice como tú. Sin donaciones de nuestros usuarios, NeoOffice no existiría. Sus donaciones tienen un enorme impacto sobre lo que somos capaces de ofrecer a nuestros usuarios.

NeoOffice está disponible sin costo alguno en la página web de descargas NeoOffice.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Well, these are the spanish translations for the NeoOffice Main Page. I put the last paragraph because there had a translation mistake: the word "costs" weren't translated into spanish, but now yes.

Please, answer me and tell me if you understand how the translations are structured.

Please reply my post.
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:19 am    Post subject:

FYI. I have posted all of your translations on the website. I made the following two changes. I hope that my changes did not mess up your translations:

1. I changed "Programa de Acceso Temprano a NeoOffice" to "Programa de NeoOffice Early Access" as "NeoOffice Early Access" will be hardcoded in the download name.

2. I changed "las características de Sun Microsystems' en la suite ofimática de OpenOffice.org" to "las características en la suite ofimática de OpenOffice.org de Sun Microsystems" since in English "Sun Microsystems' OpenOffice.org" means that OpenOffice.org belongs to Sun Microsystems.

Patrick
netocp-1
Oracle

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:37 pm    Post subject: Hm...

Well, I'm happy because now I can see the NeoOffice main page in my own language.

But the two changes you did, make the spanish translation lose some sense.

First, if you say that OpenOffice belongs to Sun Mycrosistems a better spanish translation for "las características en la suite ofimática de OpenOffice.org de Sun Microsystems" would be: "las características en la suite ofimática OpenOffice.org de Sun Microsystems" the unique thing you'd do would be remove the first "de" of the sentence, because so the sentence lose some sense.

Something more, the "Programa de NeoOffice 3.0 Early Access" sentence lose some sense in spanish. I understand why did the change, but if you say that "NeoOffice Early Access will be hardcoded in the download name" I suggest that you don't translate this sentence and that you use the english meanig

What do you say? Very Happy
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Hm...

netocp-1 wrote:
First, if you say that OpenOffice belongs to Sun Mycrosistems a better spanish translation for "las características en la suite ofimática de OpenOffice.org de Sun Microsystems" would be: "las características en la suite ofimática OpenOffice.org de Sun Microsystems" the unique thing you'd do would be remove the first "de" of the sentence, because so the sentence lose some sense.

I have posted your wording on the website.

netocp-1 wrote:
Something more, the "Programa de NeoOffice 3.0 Early Access" sentence lose some sense in spanish. I understand why did the change, but if you say that "NeoOffice Early Access will be hardcoded in the download name" I suggest that you don't translate this sentence and that you use the english meanig

Hmm. Basically, "NeoOffice Early Access" is a version name like "NeoOffice Beta" or "NeoOffice 2.2.5". So, "el programa de NeoOffice Early Access" is like "el programa llamada NeoOffice Early Access". The French and Italian translators used this format so I copied that format. Does that make sense?

Patrick
netocp-1
Oracle

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 6:24 pm    Post subject: You are right

Well, I'm really sorry because NeoOffice 3.0 was postponed and my computer is PowerPC based machine!!!

Well, whatever you are rigth respect to "Programa de NeoOffice 3 Early Access", but if is not a lot of trouble, don't you think that it would look much better if you remove the "de" word of it?

I think that it would look much better without this word and could be most understandable. Laughing

And please, I hope you don't interpret bad my posts because my english is not so good, and I can be wrong in some word or sentence. Embarassed
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:22 pm    Post subject: Re: You are right

netocp-1 wrote:
Well, I'm really sorry because NeoOffice 3.0 was postponed and my computer is PowerPC based machine!!!

No te preoccupes. Es roto ahora, pero we will fix it.

netocp-1 wrote:
Well, whatever you are rigth respect to "Programa de NeoOffice 3 Early Access", but if is not a lot of trouble, don't you think that it would look much better if you remove the "de" word of it?

I think that it would look much better without this word and could be most understandable. Laughing

No problema. I have replaced all "programa de" with "programa" on the website.

Patrick
netocp-1
Oracle

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 3:21 pm    Post subject: Hello

Hello Patrick, here I post the spanish translations for the NeoOffice 3 Early Access postponed.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NeoOffice 3.0 Early Access Program postponed due to PowerPC bugs = Programa NeoOffice 3.0 Early Access pospuesto debido a errores encontrados en computadoras con porcesador PowerPC.

Some very significant bugs were recently found in NeoOffice 3.0 Early Access on PowerPC machines. These bugs, which also occur in the OpenOffice.org 3.0 on PowerPC machines, cause NeoOffice 3.0 Early Access to be significantly slower or less stable than NeoOffice 2.2.5. So we have postponed the start of the NeoOffice 3.0 Early Access Program until we find and fix these PowerPC bugs. We will set a new start date once we have fixed these PowerPC bugs.

=

Algunos errores muy importantes fueron encontrados recientemente en NeoOffice 3.0 Early Access para las computadoras con procesador PowerPC. Estos errores, que también ocurren en OpenOffice.org 3.0 en computadoras con procesador PowerPC, causan que NeoOffice 3.0 Early Access se vuelva significativamente mas lento o menos estable que NeoOffice 2.2.5. Así que hemos pospuesto el inicio del Programa NeoOffice 3.0 Early Access hasta que encontremos y reparemos estos errores en las computadoras con procesador PowerPC. Estableceremos una nueva fecha de inicio una vez que hayamos reparado estos errores en las computadoras con procesador PowerPC.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Well, these are the spanish translations for the NeoOffice 3.0 postponed.

Please tell me when you read them Surprised
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:54 pm    Post subject:

Muchas grácias. Tus traducciones are on the website.

Patrick
Samwise
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:44 am    Post subject:

pluby wrote:
Muchas grácias. Tus traducciones are on the website.

Patrick

Very Happy
netocp-1
Oracle

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 3:13 pm    Post subject: Hello again!

Hello Patrick I have found a translation mistake in last the translations I sent you. A shorter and better translation for "NeoOffice 3.0 Early Access Program postponed due to PowerPC bugs" is "Programa NeoOffice 3.0 Early Access pospuesto debido a errores encontrados en ordenadores PowerPC".
The only thing you have to do is replace "computadoras con porcesador PowerPC" for "ordenadores PowerPC" of the last translation I sent you.

Please tell me if you are going to do it Laughing
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 3:27 pm    Post subject:

Grácias. Tu cambio (is that the right word?) está en el sitio de Web.

Patrick
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoWiki and Website Development All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 1 of 17