Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - How to upload crash logs to Bugzilla
How to upload crash logs to Bugzilla

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Testing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GibHenry
Councilperson

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 2:45 pm    Post subject: How to upload crash logs to Bugzilla

Apparently, Bugzilla won't let us attach anything but plain text documents ending in '.txt' to a bug report. I haven't seen it documented, but that's what I conclude from my experience.

I had a lot of trouble trying to upload crash logs to Bugzilla until I discovered that if you save the document as pure text AND with an extension of '.txt', Buzilla will properly accept the upload.

The problem can arise if you use TextEdit to save the crash log. Unless you choose Format/Make Plain Text, you won't get plain text! If you do Make Plain Text, then TextEdit will auto-magically propose the '.txt' extension for you on saving.

Captain

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 4:48 pm    Post subject:

Hmmm... I just "Copy" it from the console window and Paste it into the Mozilla window with my bug report.
GibHenry
Councilperson

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 5:00 pm    Post subject:

jimlaurent wrote:
Hmmm... I just "Copy" it from the console window and Paste it into the Mozilla window with my bug report.

Right, but that causes a really long description/discussion, which most folks won't want to see (likely that Ed and Patrick are the only ones who can make much sense out of it).

Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 5:04 pm    Post subject:

GibHenry wrote:
Right, but that causes a really long description/discussion, which most folks won't want to see (likely that Ed and Patrick are the only ones who can make much sense out of it).

True, but most folks don't do bugzilla anyway.. Personally, I find the hassle of having to scroll down a small price to pay for easy reading by the people who have to fix the bugs Wink.
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 5:16 pm    Post subject:

ovvldc wrote:
GibHenry wrote:

True, but most folks don't do bugzilla anyway.. Personally, I find the hassle of having to scroll down a small price to pay for easy reading by the people who have to fix the bugs Wink.

But I think Patrick has asked that people attach crashlogs, etc., rather than paste them into the bug.

And something must be broken now, because people have attached .docs and .sx* files in the very recent past.

Smokey
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 11:01 pm    Post subject:

Hrm, I know I personally have attached ".sit.hqx" documents to bug reports. There may be something with bugzilla that it is only accepting extensions that have MIME types on the server perhaps? Just a silly theory. I'll go test later tonight.

ed
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Testing All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1