· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - Fundraising for Neo/J
Fundraising for Neo/J

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Development
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 12:19 am    Post subject: Initial commit of rough history of the Neos

OK, so my rough draft of a history/overview of OOo and the NeoOffice projects is now up on the wiki. Everyone have at it! Especially folks familiar with NeoOffice, since it seems to be the most poorly-documented of the three, and I arrived on the OOo/Neo scene as NeoOffice development was starting to slow.

Overall the length is a bit longer than I'd like, but at the same time there were some key points I wanted to stress more than they've been in the past (Sun-staffed OOo vs. volunteer-staffed Mac port and Neo projects).

I also downplayed the rancor between vocal factions of the OOo community and the Mac porting effort, but I think that's an important part of where we are now and where we're headed, so we should think about whether we want to say more.

I have more comments on the wiki and its content, but I'll move those to the wiki thread in Random Whatnot.

Smokey
Boukman
Pure-blooded Human

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 8:26 am    Post subject: "Offline" donations

Just a little tought:

In order for people who are not into Paypal or online payment systems to be able to donate anyways, it might be a good idea to have an address written in the donations page where someone can send a check. Even if it's only a PO Box, it would be OK in my opinion.

I expect the user base of Neo to increase dramatically once the first beta is released, and a lot of those users might want to contribute financially in a different way than what is directly available on the donation page.

I see that there is an email address for people who want to contact you, but that's one step too much in my opinion. Having a PO Box adress right on that page would be much more accessible to lots of people. Also, making the email adress into a non-obfuscated one might also be useful to these same people.

Also, in the download page, it might be a good idea to somehow make sure that people understand that the development of this program can be "encouraged" by making a donation instead of only having direct links to the file itself.
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 1:59 am    Post subject: Re: Donation

pluby wrote:
did PayPal return you to planamesa.com after you completed the transaction? I wasn't able to test this as PayPal won't allow me to execute test transactions. Sad

Patrick

I finally got around to putting my $ where my mouth is. At the end of things, PayPal had a button that said something like "return to merchant site"--manual return rather than automatic. Clicking it brought me back to a "Thanks for your donation" page, which after a bit meta-refreshed back to the Neo/J home page.

Smokey
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Development All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4