· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - Lock up in Calc
Lock up in Calc

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Beta Releases
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kklare
Keymaker

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:35 pm    Post subject: Lock up in Calc

I had 3 Calc sheets open. In one I was duplicating a line, the other two had changes. The blue ball went round and round. There is no crash log because it just seems to have stalled out. I have NeoOffice-3.2_Beta-Patch-2-Intel on OSX 10.6.7 on my MacBook with 4GB and 500GB. I had to force quit and try to remember what might need to be fixed.

The recovery was not complete. I do have my AutoRecovery at 20 min. I really want to have it so solid that I can turn off AutoRecovery because I hate being interrupted by the save as I work. That is particularly noticeable as you open the Book after being away a while and the Save jumps in.

I know this is vague but this is just to find any others with this problem.
-Ken
Lorinda
Captain Mifune

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:18 am    Post subject:

Ken,

If it happens again, please take a Sample before your force Quit. See this Neowiki article for instructions.

Save the Sample as a text file, and attach it to a post here.

Thanks!

Lorinda
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:36 am    Post subject:

Can you first install NeoOffice 3.2 Beta Patch 3 that I released this morning from the NeoOffice 3.2 Beta patch download page? If the hanging still occurs after installing Patch 3, then us the steps in the NeoWiki article in Lorinda's post to obtain a sample. A sample of the NeoOffice application is essentially a substitute crash log when a hang occurs.

That patch fixed a bug that appeared in NeoOffice 3.2 Beta as a result of replacing old obsolete Apple functions with newer functions. Specifically, in certain cases such as while printing, showing a modal dialog, etc. the menubar should be disabled otherwise NeoOffice will hang. What happen is that using the new functions, that disabling was failing but it has been fixed in Patch 3.

Patrick
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Beta Releases All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum