Support
· Forums
· NeoOffice Support
· NeoWiki

Announcements
· Twitter @NeoOffice

Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - You haven't opened this document lately...
You haven't opened this document lately...

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Beta Releases
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yoxi
Cipher

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:30 am    Post subject: You haven't opened this document lately...

I've been suddenly getting a weird dialogue saying I have to explicitly choose to edit a doc I just opened, because I "haven't opened it lately" or something like that. Is this a Lion feature, or a NeoOffice/OOo feature? Can I turn it off? It's tiring Smile.
djpimley
The Anomaly
(earlier version)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:49 am    Post subject:

I think that is part of Lion's Versions feature. Supposedly documents that haven't been opened recently (think i read somewhere the default is two weeks) are locked to prevent accidental editing.
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:50 am    Post subject:

This is definitely a new Mac OS X 10.7 Lion feature and it is part of Lion's new Versions.

From what I have found, Apple's new Lion code will warn you if you are editing a document that was last saved "a long time ago". I am not sure what Lion's cutoff for "a long time ago" is, but I my guess is that the intent of these warning dialogs is to help users avoid accidently overwriting documents that they did not intend to change.

Interestingly, getting NeoOffice's underlying OpenOffice.org code to allow display of the warning dialogs without hanging was one of the more difficult parts of implementing the Versions feature in NeoOffice. The problem is that those warning dialogs are displayed at unknown points in time from within Apple's code so I had to modify the NeoOffice code to be ready for a native warning dialog to appear at any moment.

Patrick
yoxi
Cipher

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:24 am    Post subject:

Yeah, I've had this pop up elsewhere since then. I wonder if it's configurable in Lion? The defaults write. hunt commenceth!!
djpimley
The Anomaly
(earlier version)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:40 pm    Post subject:

"The auto-lock time is configurable in the "Options…" screen of the Time Machine preference pane (of all places), with values from one day to one year. The default is two weeks."

http://arstechnica.com/apple/reviews/2011/07/mac-os-x-10-7.ars/7#document-model
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:56 pm    Post subject:

Daniel,

Thanks for posting that link. Here is a screen snapshot that sets this new "lock document" preference from the article:

Patrick
yoxi
Cipher

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:09 am    Post subject:

Thanks for that Smile. I'm getting tired of Lion's "new features"... it keeps rearranging my desktop icons, dammit.
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Beta Releases All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum