Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - Compile OOo 1.1 RC4 for OSX X11
Compile OOo 1.1 RC4 for OSX X11

NeoOffice Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org MacOS X X11 Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Woody
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2003 12:01 pm    Post subject: Compile OOo 1.1 RC4 for OSX X11

I have been working on compiling RC4 and am having some difficulty...right now it fails to compile jvmaccess...
Has an installable version of RC4 been created for OSX?
Terry Teague

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 12:00 am    Post subject: Re: Compile OOo 1.1 RC4 for OSX X11

Woody wrote:
I have been working on compiling RC4 and am having some difficulty...right now it fails to compile jvmaccess...
Has an installable version of RC4 been created for OSX?

I just did a successful full clean build of 1.1RC4 today (and minutes ago, finished a 2nd successful full clean build using a slightly different compiler setup).

I don't believe a user installable version of 1.1RC4 has been made available yet (I'm on a modem dial-up connection, so I can't offer my copy).

It might not be mentioned un the current build instructions, but judging from your error, you are missing one important piece of the puzzle - Java JDK 1.4.1 is required. I am currently building with the JDK 1.4.1 release; I haven't tried the recently released Java 1.4.1 Update1 yet.

Hope this helps.

Regards, Terry
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 1:11 am    Post subject:

One additional note to add on to Terry's: you not only need Java 1.4.1, but you need the Java 1.4.1 developer tools (i.e. the JDK) installed. The Java 1.4.1. developer tools must be manually downloaded after logging into the Apple Developer's Connection website at http://developer.apple.com.

Patrick
Woody
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 1:14 am    Post subject: Directions

Did you need to do anything to the source upon downloading?? or did you just download the source and then:

cd /openoffice/config_office
./configure --with-x
cd /openoffice
./bootstrap
source MacosxEnv.Set
dmake

Please let me know...thanks....

I was missing ant in my previous trial to build....
Woody
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 10:52 am    Post subject: Latest failure....

Here is where it now stops compiling....any ideas?

------------------------------
Making: ../../unxmacxp.pro/par/fam/crashrep_static.par
cpp.lcc -+ -P -DFAM_PRODUCT -DMACOSX -DUNX -DVCL -DGCC -DC300 -DPOWERPC -DCVER=C300 -D_USE_NAMESPACE -DGLIBC=2 -D_PTHREADS -D_REENTRANT -DNO_PTHREAD_PRIORITY -DPOWERPC -DPPC -DSTLPORT_VERSION=400 -D_USE_NAMESPACE=1 -DNO_AUDIO -D__DMAKE -DUNIX -DCPPU_ENV=gcc3 -DSUPD=645 -DBUILD=8687 -DPRODUCT -DNDEBUG -DPRODUCT_FULL -DOSL_DEBUG_LEVEL=0 -DOPTIMIZE -DEXCEPTIONS_OFF -DCUI -DSOLAR_JAVA -DSRX645 -DBUILD_OS_APPLEOSX -DBUILD_OS_MAJOR=10 -DBUILD_OS_MINOR=2 -DBUILD_OS_REV=6 -DSCP_DATESTRING=14092003 -DUDK_MAJOR=3 -DUDK_MINOR=1 -DUDK_MICRO=0 -DOFFICEUPD=645 -Ugcc3 -DCOMID=gcc3 -DCOMNAME=gcc3 -D_gcc3 -DCCNUMVER=000300030000 -DSHORTSTDCPP3=5 -DDLLSUFFIX=mxp -I. -I../../inc -I../inc -I../../unx/inc -I../../unxmacxp.pro/inc -I. -I/openoffice/solver/645/unxmacxp.pro/inc/stl -I/openoffice/solver/645/unxmacxp.pro/inc/external -I/openoffice/solver/645/unxmacxp.pro/inc -I/openoffice/solenv/unxmacxp/inc -I/openoffice/solenv/inc -I/openoffice/res -I/openoffice/solver/645/unxmacxp.pro/inc/stl -I/System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/Current/Headers -I/System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Headers -I/usr/X11R6/include -I/usr/X11R6/include/freetype2 crashrep_static.scp > ../../unxmacxp.pro/misc/fam/crashrep_static.pre
cpp version 17.8.1999
scpcomp -s ../../unxmacxp.pro/misc/fam/crashrep_static.pre -o ../../unxmacxp.pro/par/fam/crashrep_static.par
Making script particel: ../../unxmacxp.pro/par/fam/crashrep_static.par
parse error in 8615
dmake: Error code 255, while making '../../unxmacxp.pro/par/fam/crashrep_static.par'
---* TG_SLO.MK *---

ERROR: Error 65280 occurred while making /openoffice/scp/source/crashrep
dmake: Error code 1, while making 'build_all'
---* TG_SLO.MK *---
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 11:59 am    Post subject:

That's actually an error in one of the custom-rolled compile tools for the installer scripts, I believe. I recall someone on the dev lists mentioning this error, but since my connection's been down all week I've been slowly wading through things and don't remember the specifics.

There is an X11 installer for 1.1 rc 3 available on the mirrors, but the good thing to note is that none of the 1.1s are ready for full deployment yet. A lot of the Mac OS X specific work for fonts and printing is not in the 1.1 codebase, and we definitely don't have support for OS X asian font encodings yet. Also, there are canvas offset errors using quartz window manager that won't be fixed until the release of Panther (e.g. if you're using Apple X11 on 10.2, switch to windowmaker, fvwm, or some other window manager to get things drawing correctly).

ed
Terry Teague

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2003 12:33 am    Post subject: Re: Latest failure....

Woody wrote:
Here is where it now stops compiling....any ideas?

------------------------------
Making: ../../unxmacxp.pro/par/fam/crashrep_static.par

Yes, unfortunately you need a patch, that was discussed on the dev@porting mailing list, but for some reason, I can't find an IssueZilla for the patch (I thought there was one), nor is the patch apparently part of the current OOo 1.1rc4.

The patch can be found here :

http://porting.openoffice.org/servlets/ReadMsg?msgId=806518&listName=dev

I don't know if it is necessary or not, but when I use ./configure, I add the --enable-gcc3 option.

Hope this helps.
Regards, Terry
Terry Teague

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2003 12:38 am    Post subject: Re: Directions

Woody wrote:
Did you need to do anything to the source upon downloading?? or did you just download the source and then:

I was missing ant in my previous trial to build....

You don't need 'ant'.

However, you do need the external 'gpc' code, as per the build instructions :

http://porting.openoffice.org/mac/build_11_X11.html

which is now slightly out of date for OOo 1.1rc4.

Regards, Terry
Woody
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2003 7:40 pm    Post subject: Compile OOo 1.1 RC4 for OSX X11 again...

Well so far so good I added to patch and have been compiling on my 12" PB 867 for the last 8hours or so.....still going though...

Currently at:
Making: ../../unxmacxp.pro/slo/fmctrler.obj

Thanks for the help...lets hope it works this time..
Woody
Woody
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2003 8:10 am    Post subject: Build completed....is it correct??

Here is the output from my completed build....does it look ok? Is the gtk error ok? Thanks.....
optimize summary: 0 kb
Replacing ${EVAL} with
Replacing ${LONG_PRODUCTEXTENSION} with
Replacing ${PRODUCTEXTENSION} with
Replacing ${PRODUCTNAME} with OpenOffice.org
Replacing ${PRODUCTVERSION} with 1.1.0

time needed: 0:1:24

WARNING! Project(s):
gtk

not found and couldn't be built. Correct build.lsts.
Terry Teague

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2003 2:16 am    Post subject: Re: Build completed....is it correct??

Woody wrote:
Here is the output from my completed build....does it look ok? Is the gtk error ok? Thanks.....

Yes, as I think you found on the dev@porting mailing list, this error is OK.

Congratulations.

Regards, Terry
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org MacOS X X11 Support All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1