NeoOffice :: View topic - Carbon Programming
Carbon Programming

NeoOffice Forum Index -> Random Whatnot
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jjmckenzie51
The Anomaly

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 5:29 pm    Post subject: Carbon Programming

All:

I would like a good programming guide/book/compilable examples for Carbon/Java. This is so that I will learn how to program to aid in the NeoOffice/J effort. I've found several good programming aids for Cocoa and was quite impressed in their quality but sadily was also disappointed in the variation in said quality. Thus I'm looking at books for beginner Carbon people with some Java and/or C/C++ experience. BTW, I've programmed a little for Windows, as it was a required course when I was in college.

Thanks.

James
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 10:02 pm    Post subject:

Well, I started out with "Learn C on the Macintosh" many moons ago in THINK C. I hear it's been revised and, if so, probably still is Carbon-based.

ed
jjmckenzie51
The Anomaly

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 12:51 pm    Post subject:

OPENSTEP wrote:
Well, I started out with "Learn C on the Macintosh" many moons ago in THINK C. I hear it's been revised and, if so, probably still is Carbon-based.

ed

Thanks, Ed. I'm going to run through Google as soon as I can. I'm thinking that the SOs current problem with her clamshell iBook takes precendence.

James
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 2:49 pm    Post subject:

Yup, if there's one thing I learned it's that the SO should take precedence over things computer.

Once I had an SO. Then I started programming and playing Starcraft incessantly for two months. Now I have no more SO. Coincidence? I think not...

ed <--- deep life lessons for his 1337 post
jjmckenzie51
The Anomaly

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 12:47 pm    Post subject:

OPENSTEP wrote:
Yup, if there's one thing I learned it's that the SO should take precedence over things computer.

Once I had an SO. Then I started programming and playing Starcraft incessantly for two months. Now I have no more SO. Coincidence? I think not...

ed <--- deep life lessons for his 1337 post

Sad. However we learn from our mistakes. I'm having fun checking out OOo as my connection keeps dropping every once in a while.

BTW, I was able to temporarily fix the problem with the iBook with some MEK. It appears that the Combo drive suffers from a weakness that forces a reglue. Fortunately, I have experience with this. And there happens to be a replacement drive available on eBay..... May have to do surgery sometime this week.

And the Torrent is very busy this weekend...

James
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> Random Whatnot All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1