· Twitter @NeoOffice

Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - Make Default: Paste Unformatted Text
Make Default: Paste Unformatted Text

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases
View previous topic :: View next topic  
r7

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 8:39 pm    Post subject: Make Default: Paste Unformatted Text

Most the grunt work I seem to do is reformatting -- copying and pasting from one file into another format.
The target file is a template with important text styles already set up. I need to copy from the source file (with completely different text styles) and paste the text into the right place in the target (template) file.

In NeoOffice this takes six step:
1. Select the source text.
2. Issue the copy command (cmd-C or Edit-Copy)
3. Select the right spot in the target file
4. Select Edit-Paste Special...
5. Select Unformatted
6. Click OK

Steps 4-6 could be one command if there was a way to make a button or command key equivalent for Paste Unformatted Text.

Can you help?
revsmitty
Keymaker

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 9:03 pm    Post subject:

I think this is already an option built into the Standard Toolbar.

In the Standard Toolbar look for the 'Clipboard' icon that will say 'Paste' when you mouse over it.
Next to it is a little downward arrow or triangle.

When you Left click onthe arrow you get the choice of Formatted (RTF) or unformatted.

Does this do what you want?

Galen
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 11:12 pm    Post subject:

And if the option exists in some way, then undoubtedly it can be bound to a button, menu item, keystroke or macro-with-keystroke to make it easier Smile

Smokey

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 8:25 pm    Post subject:

First, thank you for pointing out the Paste button (clipboard icon in the toolbar). It makes my 3 extra step now two.

Quote:
And if the option exists in some way, then undoubtedly it can be bound to a button, menu item, keystroke or macro-with-keystroke to make it easie

If you can help me find the Paste-UnformattedText command so I can make a keystroke with it, I'd be grateful. I cannot find how to access the sub-commands under Paste.

If I can make a keystroke (or even a button) out of Paste-UnformattedText then my three extra steps will become one step - just as I wanted!
revsmitty
Keymaker

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 11:22 pm    Post subject:

Guest wrote:
Quote:
If I can make a keystroke (or even a button) out of Paste-UnformattedText then my three extra steps will become one step - just as I wanted!

As Smokey said
Quote:
And if the option exists in some way, then undoubtedly it can be bound to a button, menu item, keystroke or macro-with-keystroke to make it easier

I didn't find a single keystroke or combination that does what you want it to do BUT

The easiest solution I found is the last one he suggested — record a Macro, save it and then assign a keystroke combination to it. Complete directions can be found on the wiki Using Macros

For Example I created and saved a macro that pasted special unformatted text with the name Pastespecialunformatted. Then under Tools:Customize I clicked on Keyboard, scrolled under Category to NeoOffice Macros, found the macro I had created and assigned it the key combinations cmd + shift +f10

Now any time I want I can paste in unformatted text into a formatted document.

Galen
CocaLeaf
Pure-blooded Human

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 1:08 am    Post subject:

I asked this exact question weeks ago with nary a response Rolling Eyes

I use Ctrl Shft V (paste special). Then you can use the arrow buttons to select "unformatted text" if there are other options there. This at least does not require mousing but is not ideal.

I too wish it were possible to make pasting unformatted the default.
LemonAid
The Anomaly

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 1:44 am    Post subject:

CocaLeaf,

Are you forgetting the replies to this April 15th thread? Rolling Eyes

Philip ( It always pays to be polite in public. Wink )

CocaLeaf
Pure-blooded Human

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 12:05 pm    Post subject:

I really did not mean to be impolite. You're right. I did get responses such as the obviously untrue "this kind of change would mess up things for everyone else."

I write minimum 15,000 words per week and would love to be able to make pasting unformatted text to match what I am working on rather than what I am copying from. That does not seem like an outrageous idea in a word processor. It also appears I am not the only one who might benefit from the option-just the option. Until then we will get used to ctrl shift V and the arrow buttons.
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1