· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - Numbered Pleading Paper
Numbered Pleading Paper

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Grumpy_Old_Man
Blue Pill

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 6:52 am    Post subject: Numbered Pleading Paper

I'm a lawyer and have been forced to use MSWord for Mac.

I'd be able to use NeoOffice, except for the requirement in California that pleadings be numbered one to 28 on the left, with a footer containing the page no. and document title. I also put my firm name running perpendicular to the text, on th extreme left margin.

When I import from Word, the first page is fine. For succeeding pages, I have to paste in the numbers and the firm name on each new page, and they don't always stay there. How can I get these features to repeat?

Or better, has someone already designed a template for this somewhat arcane purpose?
kcavaliere
Pure-blooded Human

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 7:01 am    Post subject: Pleading template

Templates are available at the OpenOffice.org site. There's a pleading template there that might work for you.

Ken.

http://documentation.openoffice.org/Samples_Templates/index.html

http://documentation.openoffice.org/Samples_Templates/User/template/legal/index.html
Grumpy_Old_Man
Blue Pill

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 8:46 am    Post subject:

javascript:emoticon('Crying or Very sad')

Thanks. I tried it, and it makes one page of pleading very nicely, but if you add to the text it disappears instead of going over to another page in the same format.

I need a page that repeats the frame (numbering, margin lines and footer) as the number of pages increases, not one that I have to add to manually each time another page worth of text is added.

I'm working on one myself, but I haven't perfected it yet.
kcavaliere
Pure-blooded Human

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 10:50 am    Post subject: Pleading...

OK, it's a start in the right direction. I suspect that this is a styles issue. The new paragraph may be falling back to the default style. Check to see what style is being used in a section where pleading works. You may just have to reselect that style for new paragraphs.

My best guess is that NeoOffice is not reading the pleading style from the Word document or is imposing the default style.
rays
The Anomaly
(earlier version)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 12:10 pm    Post subject:

Grumpy_Old_Man wrote:
javascript:emoticon('Crying or Very sad')

Thanks. I tried it, and it makes one page of pleading very nicely, but if you add to the text it disappears instead of going over to another page in the same format.

I had a look at one of these models. You'll need to familiarise yourself with the functionalities of the Stylist to follow this through.

You'll find there are separate lists in the Stylist of Page styles and Frame styles (amongst others). Your page numbering etc will probably be contained within the relevant Page style but the Frame style is the one you need to play with. Basically, a new frame with the frame style you have on page 1 has to be added on each subsequent page after creating it via the usual insert page break applied to the (only) paragraph on page 1 etc.

So I recommend saving the pleading text frame on page 1 as a new Frame style (say 'pleading frame') which will subsequently be added in the Stylist Frame styles listing. On the new page 2, simply insert a new frame accepting whatever appears. With this frame selected, double click on 'pleading frame' in the Stylist to apply the same style as the frame on page 1. The only thing left to do is to link the Frame on page 1 (by default called "Frame1") to your new frame on page 2 (by default called "Frame2") and the text flows as you desire.

It's a bit monotonous but can be repeated similarly for subsequent pages.

Hope this helps. If it does, please consider making a donation to the NeoOffice project here!

Dave28C
Blue Pill

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 1:35 pm    Post subject: Pleading Paper

Did anyone ever successfully create a California Pleadng Paper template?

Please write me at dclark@clarklawfirm.com in Tustin, CA USA

Dave
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 3:34 pm    Post subject:

Dave, you might want to check http://oooforum.org (the main OpenOffice.org user forum), which has a lot larger membership (vast seas of Windows and Linux users!); any templates that work in OOo will work in Neo as well.

Smokey

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1