NeoOffice :: View topic - Bugzilla Triage for Intel
Bugzilla Triage for Intel

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Testing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 3:46 am    Post subject: Bugzilla Triage for Intel

According to the sign at planamesa.com, NeoOffice for Intel arrived today. This is great news for lots of folks here, I'm sure. It's not so good for our QA/bug triage situation since I (and many of our other regulars) don't have Intel machines; we can check and see if something happens also on PPC, but if we can't reproduce on PPC, it falls into Patrick's increasingly long queue of things to investigate after fixing reproducible crashes, and takes time from his fixing of other bugs.... Sad

So if you're a user of Neo for Intel, please drop by Bugzilla occasionally when you're not filing your own bugs and look (search) for Unconfirmed bugs filed against "Mac OS X 10.4 Intel" and try to reproduce them; there are already a few such bugs....

Intel bugs (this query shows all Intel bugs, not just Unconfirmed ones, because the advanced query is brain-dead and treats Status and OS as "OR" rather than "AND" Sad so just look for the Unconfirmed ones)

Smokey

Blue Pill

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 6:18 am    Post subject:

"Smokey",

Good morning. My name is Pete McKenna, and I puchased a MacTel in March, so I've been (im)patiently waiting for my absolutely favorite Office Suite to become Intel compliant.

I downloaded it, and I'll be darned if it don't work just great. Smile

I know that there'll be "issues", but at first blush, it looks and feels just fine.

I'll visit Bugzilla regularly.

Regards,
Pete
Samwise
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 6:29 am    Post subject:

Ah ! If only I had an Intel-based Mac, I'd be so glad to help with the Intel release Smile !
jakeOSX
Ninja
Ninja

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 9:21 am    Post subject:

sigh, if i had an intel mac book i'd be (censored to keep this safe for work) and that is just with WoW...
pmckenna48
Blue Pill

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 1:14 pm    Post subject:

I've been using a Mac only for 4 months, but I'm a survivor of everything going back to (shudder) Win 3.1 Rolling Eyes It's a "Mini", but it's amazing what can be put in that little box. I paired it up with the 23" Cinema Display, and except for a little workaround for something on the display called "image persistance" (I called it "ghost images" left behind), it constantly amazes me with how much it can do and remain stable.

It took me a while to see the obvious - a Mac Mini is an iBook folded in half!
aussie149
The Merovingian

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 4:59 pm    Post subject:

pmckenna48 wrote:
"Smokey",

Good morning. My name is Pete McKenna, and I puchased a MacTel in March, so I've been (im)patiently waiting for my absolutely favorite Office Suite to become Intel compliant.

I downloaded it, and I'll be darned if it don't work just great. Smile

I know that there'll be "issues", but at first blush, it looks and feels just fine.

I'll visit Bugzilla regularly.

Regards,
Pete

Congratulations, Patrick!! Great news to have the Intel version up. This will really help with the wider acceptance and use of NeoOffice. I only wish I had a new imac to try it out! My emac is feeling long in the tooth, although only two years old Sad

Peter
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 10:07 pm    Post subject:

Glad to have you on board, Pete! Smile

Smokey

The Anomaly

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 11:14 pm    Post subject:

Samwise wrote:
Ah ! If only I had an Intel-based Mac, I'd be so glad to help with the Intel release Smile !

Sigh, No one every answered my "request" for a Intel Mac.
(well, Ed did make some ... "rude" comment but I ... ignored it Shocked )

GLAD we have other helpful members (with Intel Macs. Luck Folks!! ) willing to help. Thanks to all!

Philip (Willing to go to the other/Intel ... side! Twisted Evil )
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 8:47 am    Post subject:

LemonAid wrote:
(well, Ed did make some ... "rude" comment but I ... ignored it Shocked )

Like I said...little endian makes baby Jesus cry Laughing

Seriously, though, it's cool that there are folk who have Intel macs who are willing to help lend a hand. The "core" group of folk here don't have Intel boxes to help out with bug verification and the like, so all help is appreciated!

Another thing that you folk may find on the Intel boxes is that native software (e.g. not running in Rosetta) may be somewhat more prone to crashes. Some things that are happily valid on PowerPC can cause crashes on x86, like dividing by zero. That one even bit Apple in their drivers resulting in a nice kernel panic. The end result is that you may unconver things that have always been there and were incorrect but just were still able to run on PowerPC without crashing.

ed
pmckenna48
Blue Pill

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 6:59 pm    Post subject: NeoOffice Intel Text Document

Good evening. I think I found a bug in the new Intel-friendly NeoOffice. I'm new to these forums, so if you think that I should redirect this, please feel free to contact me. ok, here goes:

I open a text document, any text document. It could be a .doc, .odt, whatever. It could even be a blank document.

Go to File -> Printer Settings

Nothing happens for a moment, and then NeoOffice "quits unexpectedly". I've tried this about 7 or 8 times, and it's always been able to successfully recover the document(s) that was(ere) opened when it quit.

I have a report file that shows the low-level code, and I'd be happy to forward it on.....

If this is all I can find so far, gee, what a shame, huh? Wink
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 9:10 pm    Post subject:

FYI. This bug has already been reported and there is a test patch with a fix in bug 1512.

Patrick
thor0128
Blue Pill

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 1:02 pm    Post subject:

I also have a MacIntel system, so I can helpout as needed. I applied the patch and it seems to fixed the printer issue. Smile. So far so good more testing tonight.
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Testing All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1