Support
· Forums
· NeoOffice Support
· NeoWiki

Announcements
· Twitter @NeoOffice

Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - Is NeoOffice the greatest or what?
Is NeoOffice the greatest or what?

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Testing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sfd101
Blue Pill

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 5:48 pm    Post subject: Is NeoOffice the greatest or what?

Got the new program for the Mac. Still like textedit; prefer StevePerfect; but for the office, nothing better that isn't MS. Glad to see the forum on betatesting. Do I need to formally sign up to do so, because the registration for the product clearly stated that betaTesting feedback was a viable alternative to support trinity. -- as opposed to cash. Don't get me wrong: I'm all In God We Trust and all, but this is a great way to feedback. Food for thought.
See poll.
Peace be with you.
sfd101
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 10:18 pm    Post subject:

No one needs to donate anything, either time or treasure (to quote a certain msgr. I once knew...). The "registration" pointing here isn't needed either Smile

If you're looking for things to do and have some time I can definitely think of the following in no order whatsoever:

• Using Neo and if you see any bugs (particularly crashes!) letting us know what you encountered...and helping us track down the issue instead of just reporting it Wink
  • Help organize the wiki and move in good suport pages, translation, or what have you!
  • If active support/people interaction is more your thing, you can always check out the support forum and chime in if there's a question to which you know the answer or perhaps a helpful pointer along the way!
  • Become a bugzilla contributor...essentially, trying to sort through the "bugs" that people report and finding which are bugs, which are not, and which are duplicates. May require knowledge of X11 and maybe even build knowledge and a lot of patience
  • if you see a Neo (or OOo) troll in some online discussion somewhere (/., digg, etc.), correct any errors or misrepresenations (people are incredibly ignorant sometimes...myself included)
  • just enjoy using Neo and donate to whatever public cause you can in any way you see fit

For myself, just expressing your appreciation is a nice gesture in and of itself Smile

ed
RoyFocker
Oracle

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 1:36 am    Post subject:

I want to do all these things!
Thank you again, Ed.
Seeing the wiki in italian (complimenti di nuovo Valterb), I want to help and translate NOW!
Yesterday I worked for the first time with a document that will not be a book but a pdf publication for internet... and want to put many hyperlinks and I'VE BEEN SO HAPPY with the way of do that with NeoO. Now I have to learn how to put page numbers in some pages and anothers no!... seeing the help, the neowiki and... this FORA.
Roy
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Testing All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1