Support
· Forums
· NeoOffice Support
· NeoWiki

Announcements
· Twitter @NeoOffice

Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - *SPLASH* image...
*SPLASH* image...

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases
View previous topic :: View next topic  
VFrost
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 8:38 pm    Post subject:

I think the first one was the best composition overall, and that adding the X at the end (without moving the text blocks) was all that was needed.

The second one is also lovely, but the slash is incurring too much even upon the small letter it now points to.

The third version shares this defect and is unbalanced in a way that the presence of the progress bar will not offset.

I have a really good eye for this sort of thing, so I hope you will listen to me.

Thank you for your beautiful work.
foxcorner
Operator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 11:00 pm    Post subject:

Hi VFrost!
VFrost wrote:
I think the first one was the best composition overall, and that adding the X at the end (without moving the text blocks) was all that was needed.

The second one is also lovely, but the slash is incurring too much even upon the small letter it now points to.

The third version shares this defect and is unbalanced in a way that the presence of the progress bar will not offset.

I have a really good eye for this sort of thing, so I hope you will listen to me.

Thank you for your beautiful work.

Well then, it's time to reveal a fourth one, which is based on the 2nd one...

I've decided this is going to be The One, because I'm going cross-eyed trying to decide what other improvements and adjustments to make. I've already sent this one to Patrick in BMP and PSD format, so I'm proposing that he should run with it.

Not planning to make any more changes now... Smile

And, to go with this image, here's a new "About" image, which will replace the one at the top of the "About" dialog:

Again, I've passed this on to Patrick.

I'm really glad y'all like my work: I'm not a Real Artist, you know. Just having fun with Photoshop. Wink

Dan
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 11:24 pm    Post subject:

Yeah, I wouldn't worry too much about the wording of the legal text. Once the layout's converged (as it appears to be converging, unlike my debt...) we can do the legalese as it needs to fall out. The text reads fine to me and it has the requisite marks and such.

That's really a minor point as far as I'm concerned since we've already got legalese slathered over the websites, even if I seem to have been a bit toasty last time I updated the one on the main website...

ed
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 11:25 pm    Post subject:

That About image is really spiffy Smile Thanks again for all of your work. Very cool stuff using skills I definitely do not possess Wink

ed
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 1:06 am    Post subject:

Man, the About image is gorgeous! Very Happy

The ship even looks good huge!

I think all the new color will really help fight the drab Win95 look while Ed and Patrick work on knocking it out (if the *^*&^ About box weren't application modal (#%R$#%$# Win UI people), I'd keep the new one open at all times for the color!)

(And I actually think the About box image looks better for the top of Neo/J's page on the wiki than the ship icon...)

Smokey
Waldo
Oracle

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 1:22 am    Post subject:

Frickin' outstanding. Nice work.

W
foxcorner
Operator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 12:12 pm    Post subject:

OPENSTEP wrote:
That About image is really spiffy Smile Thanks again for all of your work. Very cool stuff using skills I definitely do not possess Wink

ed

You and Patrick do all the cool stuff *I* couldn't do! Smile

Dan
foxcorner
Operator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 12:20 pm    Post subject:

sardisson wrote:
(And I actually think the About box image looks better for the top of Neo/J's page on the wiki than the ship icon...)

New images for the web are on my to-do list. They may or may not be just the same as the About image... probably not (cos I'm having too much fun!)

Dan
VFrost
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 7:06 pm    Post subject:

(...no qualifications, or by the ways, or anything to say but...)

BRAVO!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 1:09 pm    Post subject:

I second that Wink
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2