Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - Is it me, OPEN OFFICE looks skruffty
Is it me, OPEN OFFICE looks skruffty

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ajresovsky
Blue Pill

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 8:01 am    Post subject: Is it me, OPEN OFFICE looks skruffty

Hi,
Is it me and my 'open box' G5, by he way with Nvidia 5200 G-forceULTRA][/b], 1.25 Gb RAM, or does the program look like if they charged for it,, I, sure s hell!0, wouldn't waste my money. Y'know, I know it's free, but lt's have look like shitt! Y'know Microsuck bieng what it is, OFFICEvX looks PROFESSIONAL, at least!
ovvldc
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 8:11 am    Post subject: Re: Is it me, OPEN OFFICE looks skruffty

ajresovsky wrote:
Hi,
Is it me and my 'open box' G5, by he way with Nvidia 5200 G-forceULTRA, 1.25 Gb RAM, or does the program look like if they charged for it,, I, sure s hell!0, wouldn't waste my money. Y'know, I know it's free, but lt's have look like shitt! Y'know Microsuck bieng what it is, OFFICEvX looks PROFESSIONAL, at least!

Well, first of all I recommend that you drop OpenOffice and download NeoOffice/J as a replacement. That looks a little better. Then, if you want, I can send you my button set which is much nicer, even if it was cobbled together and if some of the old and ugly icons remain.

If you want to design a button set yourself, which is a great use for the big G5 machine you mentioned, feel free to share it here Smile.
wchutt01
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 8:18 am    Post subject:

ajresovsky

You are right.

You should definately abandon OOo and use MS Office.

Looks are everything.

Bye Bye

Wille

foxcorner
Operator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 8:36 am    Post subject:

There's a new set of icons and splash images coming to NeoOffice/J in the near future. That'll help with the visual impression.

As for The difference between OpenOffice.org and NeoOffice/J, the former uses the Xserver, which is not able to do anti-aliased fonts, whereas the latter uses Java, which is native to the Mac OS X graphics environment and does fonts a lot better. Plus, the latest versions of NeoOffice/J use the Aqua menus - like a Mac application should.

Dan
jakeOSX
Ninja
Ninja

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 7:43 am    Post subject:

may i recommend using both proper spelling and grammar in your posts? it makes the attempt sound better.

that being said, yes Word has a much more Mac look to it. If that is worth $400 to you, we aren't here to convert you.
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1