NeoOffice :: View topic - NeoOffice & Zoom function
NeoOffice & Zoom function

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Testing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ToMiKoN
Blue Pill

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 2:58 pm    Post subject: NeoOffice & Zoom function

Hey,

I'm a visual disabled person, luckely I can user the Mac OS X universal access Zoom function in Mac OS X.

But when I try to use it in NeoOffice, it's becomes a bit tricky. Typing a text or using the Mac OS X menus works fine. But when I try to use the grhaphical buttons on the top of the window, the zoom function goes crazy. It jumps back to the center of the screen and jumps to other parts of the screen.

Can someone test this en try to avoid this behavior in the next versions. It would help me a lot to use open source software. It would also be nice if the zoom functions follows cursor, but I know that's not easy to program!

Thanks,
Tom
mickeyinlalaland
Oracle

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 4:38 pm    Post subject:

Can you clarify the following:
Are you using the Mac OS key-commands:
Command Option 8 (turn off/on zoom function)
Command Option = (zoom in)
Command Option - (zoom out)

In NeoOffice you are accessing zoom through the zoom icon in the standard view menu bar?

I've found that in OOo 2.1 and NeoOffice the zoom function is the same, and as it appears to me, responds to the visible top left corner within the area of view at the time of zoom. It does not follow cursor placement or highlighted text placement.

In the Mac OS control can be set Finder; System Preferences, Universal Access, Seeing tab; select Options button you can designate one of the following:
1) continuously with pointer
2) only when the pointer reaches an edge
3) so the pointer is at or near the center of the image

Are these the controls you are using; or I have I missed something?
ToMiKoN
Blue Pill

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 12:59 pm    Post subject:

Hey,

I use the integrated Mac OS X Zoom function witch you control by command + option + =/-/8. I'm don't use the zoom function from NeoOffice itself, because I want to zoom in on all applications.

The Zoom always focuses on the text area when I try to use som icons.

Give it a try yourself (i use 4x zoom).

Greetz,
Tom
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 1:07 pm    Post subject:

Unfortunately, NeoOffice cannot trigger the OS-specific zoom operations. They are controlled by Mac OS X and not applications. You'll need to configure any keystrokes within:

System Preferences > Universal Access > Seeing > Zoom > On.

I don't think you can modify the keystrokes.

A really convenient shortcut I use as well is to hold down Control (I believe) and then use the scrollball/scrollwheel on the mouse. Up will zoom in, Down will zoom out. I use it all the time to make Flash movies go fullscreen Smile

ed
Waluigi
Sentinel

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 5:47 am    Post subject:

How about adding a keyboard shortcut for zooming like in Safari (apple +/-), for example. If that was possible, I'd find it very useful.
yoxi
Cipher

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:52 am    Post subject:

This is already possible (though not with cmd+/-) - you can assign zoom in/out to your shortcut key combos of choice in Tools::Customise in the Keyboard tab - they're at the bottom of the Function list for Category=View.

- padmavyuha

Hmm... okay, that doesn't work at all, does it? It appears that the Zoom In/Zoom Out functions don't work with key combos - I've tried it in OpenOffice 3.0.1 and 3.1.0 and can't get them to do anything. Patrick, any idea if this is a glitch, or whether it's definitely an OOo OSX bug? can anyone else make this work?

Last edited by yoxi on Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:00 am; edited 1 time in total
narf
The Anomaly

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:52 am    Post subject:

I have some bad news, I thought that the Command-+/- could be set as a customized keyboard shortcut for zooming, but I discovered NeoOffice's underlying OpenOffice.org code does not allow you to customize Command-+/- to any keystrokes. That makes this a feature request for OpenOffice.org.

One convenient keyboard method to zoom in and out in NeoOffice is to hold the Command (Apple) key and use the scrollwheel on the mouse. Up will zoom in, down will zoom out.

Unfortunately, our very limited funding and developer resources limits the current scope of the NeoOffice project to keeping a native version of OpenOffice.org running on Mac OS X and implementing new OpenOffice.org feature requests is outside that scope.

You can file a feature request in the OpenOffice.org issue tracker to get it on the radar of the core OpenOffice.org developers and if they implement the feature, the new behavior will get included in a future release of NeoOffice:

http://qa.openoffice.org/issue_handling/pre_submission.html

Note: our advice is to not mention NeoOffice as mentioning NeoOffice may cause OOo volunteers to accidentally close it without actually reviewing your feature request.

--fran
yoxi
Cipher

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:04 am    Post subject:

Narf and waluigi, see qa issue 93001 - zoom in/out is available to add to buttonbars, but fails to work when assigned to key combos.

- padmavyuha
narf
The Anomaly

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:21 am    Post subject:

Thanks yoxi.

--fran
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Testing All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1