Support
· Forums
· NeoOffice Support
· NeoWiki

Announcements
· Twitter @NeoOffice

Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - Just installed latest version and I've lost all my shortcuts
Just installed latest version and I've lost all my shortcuts

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PCUK
Sentinel

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 10:44 am    Post subject: Just installed latest version and I've lost all my shortcuts

Just installed latest version (3.1.1 ?) and I've lost all my shortcuts.
Is that normal or are they just hiding somewhere!!!
Cheers,
Peter
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 12:25 pm    Post subject:

Unfortunately, the underlying OpenOffice.org code changed the shortcut storage locations and didn't implement migration for old shortcuts. If you still have NeoOffice 3.0.2, this thread describes an alternate way of semi-manually migrating old shortcuts.

Smokey

The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 1:09 pm    Post subject:

sardisson wrote:
Unfortunately, the underlying OpenOffice.org code changed the shortcut storage locations and didn't implement migration for old shortcuts. If you still have NeoOffice 3.0.2, this thread describes an alternate way of semi-manually migrating old shortcuts.

We found this horrible change in the OpenOffice.org code during first few days after NeoOffice 3.1.1 Beta was released. As Smokey mentioned, the only known way is to use NeoOffice 3.0.2 to export your key shortcuts and then reimport them in NeoOffice 3.1.1.

If you no longer have NeoOffice 3.0.2, you can move download it form here and then use the following steps to install it without overwriting your NeoOffice 3.1.1 installation:

1. Quit NeoOffice 3.1.1

2. In the Finder, rename your NeoOffice 3.1.1 installation. I have renamed my NeoOffice-3.1.1.

3. Install NeoOffice 3.0.2. It will be installed as NeoOffice in the /Applications folder.

4. Launch NeoOffice 3.0.2 if is not already running by clicking on the NeoOffice icon in the Finder's /Applications folder.

5. Select the Tools :: Customize menu, click on the Key Shortcuts tab, and click on the applicable button to export your shortcuts to a file.

6. Quit NeoOffice 3.0.2 and launch NeoOffice 3.1.1 from the Finder.

7. Select the Tools :: Customize menu, click on the Key Shortcuts tab, and click on the applicable button to import the file that you exported in step 4.

8. Quit and restart NeoOffice 3.1.1.

Are you key shortcuts now in NeoOffice 3.1.1 after doing the above steps?

Patrick
PCUK
Sentinel

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 2:37 am    Post subject:

I think I'll just renew the shortcuts as I need them and then save them for future upgrades.
Thanks,
Peter
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1