Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - How do I assign a keystroke to a recorded macro
How do I assign a keystroke to a recorded macro

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PCUK
Sentinel

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 5:48 am    Post subject: How do I assign a keystroke to a recorded macro

How do I assign a keystroke to a recorded macro?
I have recorded a simple macro and now want to assign a keystroke to it but haven't been able to work out how to do it.
Thanks,
Peter
Jim
Councilperson

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:18 am    Post subject:

You need to save the macro and give it a name. I assume you've already done that, and that by invoking the macro with Tools->Macros->Run you get the desired results. Let's call the macro "BigMac" for the purpose of this discussion.

Go to Tools->Customize... and select the Keyboard tab if it's not already selected. The resulting window is divided horizontally into two sections. Make sure the correct component is selected with the radio buttons on the right side, i.e., NeoOffice or Writer. Go to the bottom section, called Functions--------

In that section, scroll the category panel down to NeoOffice Macros and click on the disclosure triangle to the left of "NeoOffice Macros". Your macro probably got stored in the "user" folder, so click its disclosure triangle. Another folder named "Standard" will be revealed. Click on its disclosure triangle, and you'll see "Module1". Click on Module1. You should see "Main" and "BigMac" displayed under the Function column (the middle column.) Select "BigMac".

Now go the upper part of the window labeled Shortcut keys--------

Select an open key (one that has no text to the right of it.) Click on it. Go to the right side of the window and click the "Modify" button. Go to the bottom of the window and click "OK".

Use and enjoy.

sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:54 am    Post subject:

For reference, you can find the instructions that Jim provided, plus other Macros tips, on the Using Macros page in the wiki.

Smokey

Sentinel

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:26 am    Post subject:

Back to square one!
The macro doesn't actually work.
"Basic Syntax error"
What now?

Peter
yoxi
Cipher

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:09 am    Post subject:

Paste it here and someone might be able to help you - depends what it's meant to be doing (so tell us what it's meant to be doing as well Smile ). Also, what version of NeoOffice/OpenOffice it's written in/for.
Jim
Councilperson

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:09 am    Post subject:

What now? Why, fix the macro, of course. You said that you had recorded it. Did you make any changes to it manually (i.e., through the macro editor?)

I warn you fair and square: OpenOffice's BASIC has a steep learning curve. If you're doing anything complex with it, you'll rapidly exhaust the resources of this support base. What are you trying to get it to do?

pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 3:59 pm    Post subject:

yoxi wrote:
Paste it here and someone might be able to help you - depends what it's meant to be doing (so tell us what it's meant to be doing as well Smile ). Also, what version of NeoOffice/OpenOffice it's written in/for.

Please don't post your macro. While we provide support for NeoOffice in these forums, we do not provide macro writing or debugging services at this site.

The reason that we do not provide macro writing or debugging services is because macros are custom code that you have written and, since it is your code, it is your responsibility to debug and fix it.

Patrick
PCUK
Sentinel

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:13 am    Post subject:

I won't post the macro, it's not that important.
Basically I want to automatically draw a line across a page in the latest version of Neo using tabs as I did with Word (spit!). I can do it manually so thought a macro would be easy to set up using the recorder. Not so apparently and I don't have the time to learn about macro programming!?!
It's something I'd like to do but it won't ruin my life if I can't.
Cheers,
Peter
yoxi
Cipher

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:40 am    Post subject:

Sorry if I crossed a line, there Confused - yes, the macro recorder doesn't record everything you'd want or expect it to, especially anything involving dialogues - I've recorded long actions working through screen dialogues, only to find there's nothing at all in the macro file except "open the first dialogue".
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1