· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - very slow saving
very slow saving

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Straitsfan
Sentinel

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:41 am    Post subject: very slow saving

Just today as well as in the past, there are times when NeoOffice will autosave and the blue progress bar will crawl along from the left to right and I'll have to wait ten-twenty seconds for it to complete. Has this happened to anyone else and can anyone tell me why it does this?
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:03 pm    Post subject:

I have two questions for you:

- What version and patch is displayed when you select the Help :: About NeoOffice menu?

- How many pages is your document? The longer the document, the more time that it will take to save the document.

Patrick
Straitsfan
Sentinel

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:13 pm    Post subject:

the most current version, 3.1.1

It's an calc file, but it doesn't seem to do this if I manually save with cntrl +s or use the button on the toolbar

The file has 520 rows and 17 columns, and one sheet. But as I said, I don't seem to have this problem when I save manually, and just today it seemed to autosave 3 times at fairly short intervals, unless I typed a special keystroke combination and didn't realize it.
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:35 pm    Post subject:

Straitsfan wrote:
The file has 520 rows and 17 columns, and one sheet. But as I said, I don't seem to have this problem when I save manually, and just today it seemed to autosave 3 times at fairly short intervals, unless I typed a special keystroke combination and didn't realize it.

Since manually saving is noticeably faster than autosaving for you, I suspect that the autosave interval is very short and the scheduled autosaves are "piling up" and it takes several minutes to work through the backlog of scheduled autosaves.

Can you try lengthening the autosave interval to something like 10 or 15 minutes by selecting the Tools :: Options menu and in the dialog that appears, select the Load/Save :: General item, change the "Save AutoRecovery information every" field, and press the OK button.

Does lengthening the autosave interval reduce autosave time for you?

Patrick
Straitsfan
Sentinel

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:17 pm    Post subject:

Thanks. I'll try that and give an update.
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1