Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - Calc problem highlighting cells when dragging
Calc problem highlighting cells when dragging

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases
View previous topic :: View next topic  
infogeek
Blue Pill

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:29 am    Post subject: Calc problem highlighting cells when dragging

Since installing NeoOffice 3.1.1 Patch 1, I've noticed Calc does not always highlight cells when I drag them. The 'fist' cursor appears but the black outline of cells I am dragging does not appear until I have dragged the cells 3 rows away or 2 columns away from their original location. This makes dragging cells a few cells away difficult.
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:08 am    Post subject:

I can reproduce this bug and I will investigate it to see if I can find the cause. When I find a fix for this bug, I will post a test patch for you to try. I will post again when I have some news to report.

Please note that since I am pretty sure that it is caused by one of my fixes for a crashing bug, it will likely take some time to find a fix that won't cause the the old crashing bug to return so in the meantime, there is a workaround: disable native text highlighting.

To disable native text highlighting, check the NeoOffice :: Mac OS X Options :: Disable Mac OS X Text Highlighting menu.

Patrick
narf
The Anomaly

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:24 am    Post subject:

FYI: I have created bug 3619 to track this issue.

Fran
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:29 pm    Post subject:

I think that I have fixed this bug. Surprisingly, the fix for this bug was fairly simple and only required duplicating the fix for bug 3599 into a different section of Neooffice's underlying OpenOffice.org code.

Using this same approach, I was also able to fix one other dragging bug: when you have several cells selected and you drag the small square in the bottom right corner of the selected cells inside the selected cells, the cells that will get deleted were not being colored black.

Can you install the following test patch and tell us if both bugs are fixed for you?:

Intel:
http://joe.neooffice.org/test/NeoOffice-3.1.1-Patch-1-Test-15-Intel.dmg

PowerPC:
http://joe.neooffice.org/test/NeoOffice-3.1.1-Patch-1-Test-15-PowerPC.dmg

Patrick
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:53 pm    Post subject:

FYI. I have included the fix in NeoOffice 3.1.1 Patch 2. The patch can be downloaded from the NeoOffice patch download page.

Patrick
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1