Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - scanner problem with epson v100
scanner problem with epson v100

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases
View previous topic :: View next topic  
socrbob
Sentinel

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 11:27 am    Post subject: scanner problem with epson v100

Hello, I have an Epson perfection v100 scanner. When, in Writer, I try to go to tools, Add-ons, paste image from camera or scanner. I get the following:results: Scanner runs and displays scanned image, then pop-out window displays, document, resolution, etc. but I can not do anything past this point. The scanned image is not pasted/copied anywhere. The only thing I can do is exit out of this page in order to get back to Writer. Any suggestions? Thank you. Crying or Very sad
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 11:54 am    Post subject:

First, try to see if your scanner is compatible with Mac OS X by opening the /Applications/Image Capture application and see if you can use that application to import an image.

If it does not work there, then the problem is Mac OS X does not fully support your scanner. But if does work there, let us know.

Patrick
socrbob
Sentinel

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 1:50 pm    Post subject: scanner problem with epson v100

Yes, the Image Capture screen is the one that comes up and displays what I want to scan. However, I can not get past that point. I have been able to scan with the V100 and place in a file then insert into the Writer, e-mails and other programs.
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 1:55 pm    Post subject: Re: scanner problem with epson v100

socrbob wrote:
Yes, the Image Capture screen is the one that comes up and displays what I want to scan. However, I can not get past that point. I have been able to scan with the V100 and place in a file then insert into the Writer, e-mails and other programs.

When you place the image into a file, what types of image file is saved? Is it a JPEG, PNG, TIFF, PICT, or some other type?

Patrick
socrbob
Sentinel

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 2:06 am    Post subject:

It is saved as a .jpg file. Is there a procedure to follow to insert a scanned image. Perhaps I am not doing it correctly. Please advise. Thanks.
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:18 am    Post subject:

socrbob wrote:
It is saved as a .jpg file. Is there a procedure to follow to insert a scanned image. Perhaps I am not doing it correctly. Please advise. Thanks.

So here are the steps that I used with my digital camera. Do these steps work? If not, which step fails?:

1. Connect camera or scanner via USB cable to Mac
2. Select the Tools :: Add-ons :: Paste Image from Camera or Scanner menu
3. If Apple's Image Capture support is compatible with your cammer or scanner, you should see a window with one or more images displayed in it
4. Click on one of these images so that it is selected and press the Import button

Patrick
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:47 pm    Post subject:

There are two things that I can think of. One is that you may be out of memory if the image is too large (try reducing the DPU) or the second is that there may be something different in the Epson imagecapture plugin. Do you have the latest software from Epson? I am testing scanner capture using an EPSON Expression 1600 via a USB connection. The version of the EPSON Scan application I have is 2.73. Is that the version you have or do you have a newer version?

ed
jgd
Agent Smith

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:56 am    Post subject:

socrbob wrote:

Did you select the image in the pop-up window ?

The first time I tested this functionnality, I did not select the image in the window and nothing happened Sad

Drag the pointer on the portion of the image you want to copy in the pop-up window, the image turns dark grey, and the selected part is light grey with eight handles. Then click on Scan (hope it's the right wording, I currently have the French interface where it's called Numériser).

My scanner is an Epson perfection 2400. I presume that the way is the same with a perfection v100.

Hope that helps.

Jacqueline
socrbob
Sentinel

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 2:52 pm    Post subject: scanner problem with epson v100

Hello jgd, thank you for your information. It works but with the following requirements. I have to be sure the pointer is in the top left of what I want to scan and then I have to double click to open the 8 point box. I then have to drag-open the window to include all that I want to scan and click on the scan button on the bottom right corner and then it will insert it into the text page. Thanks to everyone who responded, nice to see all the friendly support.
jgd
Agent Smith

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 10:05 am    Post subject: Re: scanner problem with epson v100

socrbob wrote:
Hello jgd, thank you for your information. It works but with the following requirements. I have to be sure the pointer is in the top left of what I want to scan and then I have to double click to open the 8 point box.

Also, it seems a bit trickier for you than for me. I don't need to double click to open the box, I only need to drag the pointer.

Anyway, you can use this new functionnality now. Good Very Happy

Jacqueline
socrbob
Sentinel

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:18 am    Post subject: new problem with v100 scanner causes NeoOffice crash

The scanner had been working properly, thru tools, add-on etc., but recently I am having problems. When I try and scan an image in writer I have the following problems. I get to the point where I have to select the scanner, I click on the image, click on select and get a popup window that states "EPSON Perfection V100' was disconnected". When I close the window, NeoOffice crashes. When I reopen NeoOffice 3.1.1 pops up a NeoOffice Document Recovery window with my last file showing, it will recover the document. I can scan the image thru Image Capture.
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:10 pm    Post subject: Re: new problem with v100 scanner causes NeoOffice crash

socrbob wrote:
The scanner had been working properly, thru tools, add-on etc., but recently I am having problems. When I try and scan an image in writer I have the following problems. I get to the point where I have to select the scanner, I click on the image, click on select and get a popup window that states "EPSON Perfection V100' was disconnected". When I close the window, NeoOffice crashes. When I reopen NeoOffice 3.1.1 pops up a NeoOffice Document Recovery window with my last file showing, it will recover the document. I can scan the image thru Image Capture.

Can you check if you have the latest patch installed. To find the patch, select the Help :: About NeoOffice menu. If you have the latest patch, it will say "NeoOffice 3.1.1 Patch 2". If you do not have Patch 2 installed, can you download and install the latest patch from the NeoOffice patch download page and tell us if the crashing stops?

If you have the latest patch or the crashing still occurs after you install the latest patch, can you attach a crash log using the steps in this NeoWikit article?

Once you have a crash log, you can attach it to your post using the steps in this forum post.

Patrick
socrbob
Sentinel

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:31 pm    Post subject: ongoing problem with scanner

I have downloaded and installed patch 2 and get the same results. I have attached the crash log.
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:15 pm    Post subject:

Thank you for the crash log.

Unfortunately, I have bad news: the crash is occurring in Apple's Mac OS X image importing code, not NeoOffice code so this a bug that only Apple can fix. I would recommend that every time this crash occurs, press the "Send to Apple" button in the crash log window that appears. Although Apple will not respond, they do review crash logs and try to fix those that occur in their code.

What is happening is that when you select that Tools :: Add-Ons menu item, NeoOffice calls a standard Mac OS X function. That Mac OS X function is what displays the Image Capture dialog and is where the crash is occurring. From what I can tell, Apple's code in that function is crashing when it tries to talk to your scanner's hardware driver but since Apple's code is proprietary, I cannot see much more detail of what is causing their code to crash.

Patrick
socrbob
Sentinel

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:46 pm    Post subject:

Patrick, thank you for your quick and informative answer to my problem. I did not notice when the problem started, I mean at what version of Mac OS X. But I will let them know I am having a problem as you suggested. Guess I will have to go thru Image Capture till they get the problem corrected. Thanks for all your work with NeoOffice!
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1