Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - Can't install German help files
Can't install German help files

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alpelektronik
Blue Pill

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 12:35 am    Post subject: Can't install German help files

Trying to install the German help for the NeoOffice with the installer, there was a message like "files are probably not suited", and after the installation, there was no help avaliable any more (even not in english).
To bring the english help back I had to remove neooffice and perform a new installation.
Finally I solved the problem by copying the "de" folder of my X11 OpenOffice into the "help" folder in neoofice.app (instead of the empty "de" folder there). Does someone know a better solution Question

My hardware: ibook G4 with OS 10.3.8
Max_Barel
Oracle

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 2:48 pm    Post subject:

Your solution is perfectly right. Not applicable to anyone though.

I'd like to know why the help install failed (I wrote the install script) to correct it if needed. Can you give more information of your setting (NeoJ install location, special character in volumes names, etc.)?

Max

Off-topic notice to french user : there is a typo in the french version of the download page: a white space slipped (from cut&paste or mail line splitting) in the URL of the installer thus a "404 not found" error is encountered.
I mailed Patrick about this and it should be corrected when he can. In the meantime the correct URL is :
http://coderie.ac-mb.info/trucs/NeoOfficeJ_1-1_Help_Installer.app.sit
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 12:11 am    Post subject:

Max_Barel wrote:
Off-topic notice to french user : there is a typo in the french version of the download page: a white space slipped (from cut&paste or mail line splitting) in the URL of the installer thus a "404 not found" error is encountered.
I mailed Patrick about this and it should be corrected when he can. In the meantime the correct URL is :
http://coderie.ac-mb.info/trucs/NeoOfficeJ_1-1_Help_Installer.app.sit

FYI. I have corrected the link. Thanks Max for noticing my typo.

Patrick
alpelektronik
Blue Pill

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 2:11 am    Post subject:

Hello Max

here some more details:
After the first failure, I did a complete new installation of neooffice, to the local harddisk and default "applications" folder (no extras). After that I run the last patch package (no 11). Then I tried again to run the installation script with the downloaded german help files, with the same error message like the first time, and the same result (no help anymore).
So I performed a second new installation and then finally found the location of the help folders (applications/neooffice/contents/help/de).
To this place I copied the "de" folder of x11-openoffice help, with success.

Another detail: during my first trial, the language setting of the computer was english first, german second. On the second trial, I changed to german first, english second. Both times the installation of the help files failed, the only difference was the language of the error message during the installations script.

Philipp
Max_Barel
Oracle

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 5:26 am    Post subject: Updated version for error case

I tried successfully to install the German help archive, with both English and German language setting.

I guess that your help archive is probably corrupted (bad download). In this case the "de" help folder is empty. The English help is still there but does not display by default as you setting is for German language.

To prevent such case, I modified the install script. If the installation gets an error, the empty help folder is removed then the link to English help is restored. The user must enter the admin password a second time in this case. The error message is inchanged and is a strong indication that something is wrong with the help archive.

Modified script is online for test.

Max
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 8:09 am    Post subject:

Max,

You may be able to avoid a second admin password by putting the error statement in the first script by adding the following shell commands immediately before the "for i in *.zip" command:

Code:
if [ -z \"`ls`\" ] ; then cd .. ; ln -sf \"" & neoj_h & "\" en ; exit 1 ; fi ;

Patrick
Max_Barel
Oracle

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 11:01 am    Post subject:

pluby wrote:
You may be able to avoid a second admin password by putting the error statement in the first script by adding the following shell commands immediately before the "for i in *.zip" command:
Code:
if [ -z \"`ls`\" ] ; then cd .. ; ln -sf \"" & neoj_h & "\" en ; exit 1 ; fi ;

I did this way because I wanted to keep the -e option to the shell you used in the Terminal version of the script. This make the shell exit on first error end then the alternative action is not processed (also the "ln" command is not correct in the suggestion above).

I have a running variation without the -e option and conditional sequence:
Code:
set shell_c to "sudo /bin/bash -c 'cd \"" & neoj_h & "\" && rm -Rf " & code_l & " && mkdir " & code_l & " && cd " & code_l & " && gunzip -q < \"" & aide & "\" | tar xf - && for i in *.zip ; do [ -f \"$i\" ] &&  jar xf \"$i\" && rm \"$i\" ; done && chown -Rf root:admin . ||  { cd .. ; rm -Rf " & code_l & "; ln -sf en " & code_l & "; exit 1; }  '"

On first error the initial link is restored.
I'll upload it if you are ok with it (alternatively, someone else can test it on Jaguar to save Patrick's time)

Max
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 11:36 am    Post subject:

Max,

Sorry, but the code after the || is never excuted on Jaguar.

Patrick
Max_Barel
Oracle

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 12:06 pm    Post subject:

I'm stumped! The bash should be the same in Jaguar and Panther, at least for basic syntax. Here is the Panther version:
Code:
$ bash --version
GNU bash, version 2.05b.0(1)-release (powerpc-apple-darwin7.0)
Copyright (C) 2002 Free Software Foundation, Inc.

Is the following code more successful?
To test it, I use a dummy empty archive and the true one alternatively. The link is correctly restored on gunzip error.
Code:
set shell_c to "sudo /bin/bash -c 'if cd \"" & neoj_h & "\" && rm -Rf " & code_l & " && mkdir " & code_l & " && cd " & code_l & " && gunzip -q < \"" & aide & "\" | tar xf - && for i in *.zip ; do [ -f \"$i\" ] &&  jar xf \"$i\" && rm \"$i\" ; done && chown -Rf root:admin .; then exit 0; else  cd .. ; rm -Rf " & code_l & "; ln -sf en " & code_l & "; exit 1; fi'"

Note: I already received several mail from people with corrupted archive. This is more common than I expected. At least, the script gives an error message to track it down...
Max
Max_Barel
Oracle

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 12:11 pm    Post subject:

pluby wrote:
[deleted]

This was a thousand post for Patrick!
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 1:00 pm    Post subject:

Max_Barel wrote:
Code:
set shell_c to "sudo /bin/bash -c 'if cd \"" & neoj_h & "\" && rm -Rf " & code_l & " && mkdir " & code_l & " && cd " & code_l & " && gunzip -q < \"" & aide & "\" | tar xf - && for i in *.zip ; do [ -f \"$i\" ] &&  jar xf \"$i\" && rm \"$i\" ; done && chown -Rf root:admin .; then exit 0; else  cd .. ; rm -Rf " & code_l & "; ln -sf en " & code_l & "; exit 1; fi'"

The above code works on Jaguar. Can you add it to the *.sit file?

Patrick
Max_Barel
Oracle

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 1:07 pm    Post subject:

pluby wrote:
The above code works on Jaguar. Can you add it to the *.sit file?

Done (v: 0.51)

Max
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1