· Twitter @NeoOffice

Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - pb image size after pasting in writer
pb image size after pasting in writer

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases
View previous topic :: View next topic  
michel

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 2:55 pm    Post subject: pb image size after pasting in writer

Hi,

I have an annoying pb : when I paste an image (from a screen capture for exemple) in writer, the image is bigger than the original (near 125 %)...
If I insert the image from a file, it's ok.

I could paste correctly several images before the problem appears...

I don't know if it's related, but I deleted the folder ~/Library/NeoOfficeJ-1.1 because I moved the NeoOffice app outside the Applications folder (it was an answer of P. Luby because I filed a bug). Maybe I deleted a pref related to pasting images ??

Thanks in advance for any help.

Michel
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 3:15 pm    Post subject:

It appears that Writer scales the image to fit in the page. So, in most cases, the pasted image will be larger or smaller than the original.

The only workaround that I know of is to paste the image and then Control-click on the image and select "Graphics..." from the popup menu. In the dialog that will appear, select the "Type" tab and press the "Original Size" button.

Patrick

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 2:51 pm    Post subject:

Well,

after several tests, it's not a bug !
In OOWriter, the pasted picture is bigger than the original, but with the same size in mm and when printed, it's ok. I compared with Word and a PDF version.

And I remenber that word processing software make assumptions about screen resolution : initially it was 72 dpi for Mac, then Windows choose 96dpi...Screen rendering was different, but printer rendering was quite similar.

So OOWriter has his own default value for screen resolution.

BTW, I know it's a pure OpenOffice question, but why can't we have 'pixels' unit ?

Thanks
Michel
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1