· Twitter @NeoOffice

Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - problems in Draw in 1.1 RC patch 2
problems in Draw in 1.1 RC patch 2

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases
View previous topic :: View next topic  
doneitner

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 11:31 pm    Post subject: problems in Draw in 1.1 RC patch 2

I just upgraded NeoOffice/J 1.1 Beta patch 11 to RC and patch 2. Having some issues in Draw and I cannot seem to create an account in the bug tracker in order to add the bug there.

First, when selecting any new tool on the Main Toolbar (down the left side) I must double click the item before Draw will allow me to insert it. Example, choosing a Circle or a Rectangle, if I only click it once it highlights and I can draw out with the selection rectangle, but nothing actually gets drawn. If I double click the object in the palette, then drawing is normal.

Second issue is that if I have 2 objects drawn on the page (in this case one overlaps the other) and I double click the front object in order to make a change such as rotating it in 3D, the one in back turns a lighter color. After clicking off of both objects, the one in back remains lighter colored. I must double click the front object again in order to make the one in back turn normal color.

This may very well be normal for all OpenOffice.org versions, but this is the first time I've seen it.
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 4:15 pm    Post subject:

As to Bugzilla accounts...are you just not receiving the registration e-mail? If not, you may want to post a topic in the fuzked servers forum as there may be a problem with sendmail on the server.

Hmm...that's bizarre. I can't seem to get the first problem to reproduce in RC patch 2. Are you doing a click-hold to display the palette? I was just trying to click the toolbar button.

There have been minor problems with the palettes ever since the move to the 1.1.x source base. There was an underlying change in OOo itself. Previously, palettes were treated differently and were constrained to be within the window. Starting with 1.1, the palettes are now full-blown windows, so they're a bit different than the "context menu" like behaviour of 1.0.x. Personally I can't stand it Wink

What I'm seeing is that the palette windows that are created are not focused by default. Is that what you're seeing? This could lead to "double click" needs by first needing to focus the window prior to being able to use its elements.

ed
doneitner

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 6:19 pm    Post subject: Yes and no

OPENSTEP wrote:
As to Bugzilla accounts...are you just not receiving the registration e-mail? If not, you may want to post a topic in the fuzked servers forum as there may be a problem with sendmail on the server.

That is part of the problem. The other is that the page doesn't acknowledge that I've submitted for registration. The page refreshes after I submit, but it loads exactly the same thing with no new messages, etc.]

OPENSTEP wrote:
Hmm...that's bizarre. I can't seem to get the first problem to reproduce in RC patch 2. Are you doing a click-hold to display the palette? I was just trying to click the toolbar button.

Yes, I'm doing a click-hold to open the floating palette.

OPENSTEP wrote:
What I'm seeing is that the palette windows that are created are not focused by default. Is that what you're seeing? This could lead to "double click" needs by first needing to focus the window prior to being able to use its elements.

I too see this now. But even when the palette loads initially, without focus, and I single click on an item on that palette, the palette indicates the item has been selected (it becomes "depressed" and slightly colored). But I cannot actually use it unless I double click the item.

As I say, this may well be a known OOo issue. Right now NeoOffice/J is the only one I have installed to test. I just don't recall seeing this kind of behavior in, say, OOo 1.1.4 on Windows. I could be wrong.
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 7:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Yes and no

doneitner wrote:
As I say, this may well be a known OOo issue. Right now NeoOffice/J is the only one I have installed to test. I just don't recall seeing this kind of behavior in, say, OOo 1.1.4 on Windows. I could be wrong.

There are a number of palette behaviors that are different between OOo X11 (and Neo/J) and OOo on Windows. For instance, those "tear-off" palettes for font color and background color require effort to tear off on Win (a click causes them to drop down to select a color, but they stay attached by default), but under X11 and Neo/J, a click causes the palette to become detached automatically (IMO, this is a bug on the Mac)....

Smokey

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1