Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - Can't paste in spreadsheet
Can't paste in spreadsheet

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xz87zg
Red Pill

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 8:14 pm    Post subject: Can't paste in spreadsheet

I have a couple of Excel Workbooks that I've opened in NeoOffice (Calc), but I can't Paste a row in it. Copy appears to work, as does Cut, but after either, both the Toolbar and Menu picks for Paste dim out.

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 6:42 am    Post subject:

Don't you have to Insert --> Rows first?
Guest too

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 6:50 am    Post subject:

Are you sure it's not Read Only?
xz87zg
Red Pill

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 9:03 pm    Post subject:

Guest wrote:
Don't you have to Insert --> Rows first?

Tried that too; no go.
xz87zg
Red Pill

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 9:05 pm    Post subject:

Guest too wrote:

It wasn't read only, and I can make other changes manually. I will, however, check it again.

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 9:08 pm    Post subject:

Hmm... What about Control-V? ( or is it command-V in Neo vs. OO_o?)

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 7:06 am    Post subject:

Sorry was not able to help. Surprised regulars here have not chimed in so far. Here is what may be a related link which you may have already looked at
http://trinity.neooffice.org/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=2753
doctype
Oracle

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 8:28 am    Post subject: Re: Can't paste in spreadsheet

Hi,

xz87zg wrote:
I have a couple of Excel Workbooks that I've opened in NeoOffice (Calc), but I can't Paste a row in it. Copy appears to work, as does Cut, but after either, both the Toolbar and Menu picks for Paste dim out.

I couldn't reproduce your problem, everything seem to work fine for me with Excel (2004) & NeoOffice 2 Alpha 3 Patch 1. So could you describe the exact steps a little more detailed?

While trying, I stumbled upon an obvious bug which I posted at
http://bugzilla.neooffice.org/bug.php?op=show&bugid=1489

Is it somehow related? (If you try to reproduce it, save your work first!)

Martin
xz87zg
Red Pill

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 7:29 pm    Post subject: Can't paste in spreadsheet

Guest too wrote:

I checked. Neither of the spreadsheets is Read Only. Also, I found that it doesn't work in documents either. I tried pasting from docs and sheets to Mail, which also doesn't work; that makes me think it's actually not Copying or Cutting to the Clipboard, which is why both Paste and Paste Special are grayed out. Command-V also doesn't work.
xz87zg
Red Pill

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 7:31 pm    Post subject: Can't paste in spreadsheet

Guest wrote:
Hmm... What about Control-V? ( or is it command-V in Neo vs. OO_o?)

Nope.
xz87zg
Red Pill

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 7:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Can't paste in spreadsheet

doctype wrote:
Hi,

I couldn't reproduce your problem, everything seem to work fine for me with Excel (2004) & NeoOffice 2 Alpha 3 Patch 1. So could you describe the exact steps a little more detailed?

While trying, I stumbled upon an obvious bug which I posted at
http://bugzilla.neooffice.org/bug.php?op=show&bugid=1489

Is it somehow related? (If you try to reproduce it, save your work first!)

Martin

I don't think so. I think it is actually not copying from either spreadsheets or documents to the Clipboard from NeoOffice. I tried copying from them to a Mail message and nothing shows up, even though Paste is not grayed out in Mail and even though I can copy other things into Mail.

Dante

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 5:44 am    Post subject:

If nothing else, keeps this thread fressh, but it sounds to me like something is protected, maybe just the cell(s)? A while ago there was an issue with copy and pasting in general but I thought Pat had long ago fixed that. Surprised he has not joined this thread to comment on your problem but as another poster said, he doesn't have this problem...

I know this is silly, but you are "highlighting" first before attempting to copy, correct?
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 8:17 am    Post subject:

Can you do any copying from Neo to another application (e.g. copy a line of text in Writer)? If you cannot, can you try rebooting? This would eliminate a hung or dead Mac OS X system daemon from the list of possible variables.

Patrick
xz87zg
Red Pill

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 3:21 pm    Post subject:

pluby wrote:
Can you do any copying from Neo to another application (e.g. copy a line of text in Writer)? If you cannot, can you try rebooting? This would eliminate a hung or dead Mac OS X system daemon from the list of possible variables.

Patrick

Bingo! Rebooting was all it took. Many thanks.

Dante

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 5:59 am    Post subject:

Ha! The oldest trick in the book!!! (thanks billy gates!) I must have fallen victim to the Apple RDF again momentarily. Never considered OS X could be the problem.

Glad Pat checked in. Hmm.. I wouldn't have been paid for that troubleshooting visit... back to reading...)
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1