Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - Non-native dialogues are mostly blank
Non-native dialogues are mostly blank

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dn15
Blue Pill

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 10:57 pm    Post subject: Non-native dialogues are mostly blank

I searched Google and the forums and couldn't find an answer to this problem. Sorry if it has already been answered.

When I open dialogues that are drawn with NeoOffice's non-native toolkit they are mostly blank. (See screenshot below.) The main document window and Mac native windows (such as the save or print dialogue) look fine.

Buttons and other objects are there, but invisible. If I click around I can tell they are being selected because the dotted outline appears, indicating that they have been given focus. I'm pretty sure it's a bad preference file because the problem is isolated to this user account.

Here's what I've done so far:

• Deleted NeoOffice (and the corresponding entry from the Receipts folder) and reinstalled with a fresh copy of 2.2.1. Multiple times.
  • Trashed every NeoOffice-related file that I can find including the NeoOffice-2.2 folder from my Library.
  • ...and it doesn't happen in a new account.

This started maybe a month or two ago. Prior to that, I had been using NeoOffice a long time without any problems to speak of. The problem has occurred with the last few versions and continues in the latest 2.2.1.

mickeyinlalaland
Oracle

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 12:38 am    Post subject:

Your issue sounds similar to this thread here

Since you created a new user account and the system works; you obviously are having a conflict.

Check your system for haxies and disable those; use font book to check for font conflicts to resolve duplicates.

Not sure if the "Tahoma" font conflict applies to you. Start with haxies and font conflicts and post results.

Have a read through the troubleshooting tips on the Neowiki as well.
dn15
Blue Pill

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 2:03 pm    Post subject:

Wonderful, it was the Tahoma font problem! Thanks a lot for your speedy and accurate response. It is much appreciated.
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1