Support
· Forums
· NeoOffice Support
· NeoWiki

Announcements
· Twitter @NeoOffice

Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - NeoOfficeJ can not be installed on this computer.
NeoOfficeJ can not be installed on this computer.

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases
View previous topic :: View next topic  
John

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 4:00 pm    Post subject: NeoOfficeJ can not be installed on this computer.

My computer stops the installation at the beginning. Why it asks for a file to continue, my computer always said, " NeoOfficeJ can not ... "

What is wrong? The computer had said that for the last three revisions.

Dual PowerMac 1GHz 768k

-John
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 4:08 pm    Post subject:

The Neo/J installer checks if you are running Mac OS X 10.2 or higher and checks if you have BSD support installed on your machine. If either test fails, Neo/J will not install.

If you think that you meet both of these criteria, run the installer and, after the error occurs, open /Applications/Utilities/Console from the Finder and post any messages that are there.

Patrick
jsandidge

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 3:02 pm    Post subject: NeoOfficeJ cannot be installed on this computer.

Patrick,

I just re-installed the BSD unit that came with the computer and it works. I don't know what happened, but it is okay, now.

I would tell everybody that the BSD file is NOT correct and that it should be re-loaded from the master cd's.

Keep up the good work.

-John
powerbookg3user0

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 8:34 pm    Post subject: Fix

If it doesn't work, and you do have the BSD subsystem installed, go to /Library/Receipts and create a folder called "BSD.pkg." This will fool the installer to thinking that you did install it. I don't know why there isn't a receipt in the first place...
SuperTiti

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 4:30 pm    Post subject:

Hi everybody,

Sometimes, the BSD package does not have the right name for the installer.
On my powerbook its name is BSDSDK.pkg ! So I create a folder named
BSD.pkg and it's ok now ! Wink
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 8:08 pm    Post subject:

You definitely still need to check to make sure that you have the BSD package installed before you go tricking the computer into thinking it's installed. If the BSD package isn't present, then NeoJ will not work correctly. It assumes that the standard BSD set of Unix tools exist.

As a test you can use the "basename" test that I detail in the following topic:

http://trinity.neooffice.org/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=830

ed
tomek_wap
Agent

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 11:56 am    Post subject:

"and create a folder called "BSD.pkg."

now...folder or file, cos it's a difference.
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 12:01 pm    Post subject:

The check for a BSD.pkg folder was removed from the Neo/J 1.1 Release Candidate installer and replaced by an explicit check for the existence of the following Unix commands:

Code:
awk cat date chmod chown find grep ln ls mkdir mv open pax printf rm sed sort tar touch uname

If the installer cannot find all of these commands, you will get the "cannot install" message.

Patrick
tomek_wap
Agent

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 12:11 pm    Post subject:

Thnx.

So one thing I cannot understand that some people are able to install patch with no problems, no not even need the patch to run NeoOffice.

Ive downloaded the NeoOfficeJ-1.1_Release_Candidate.dmg and the NeoOfficeJ-1.1_Release_Candidate-Patch-3.dmg.

Now, the patch must be for this version of NeoOffice, otherwise why would it be there. I'm saying this cos Ive seen posts where patch seems to be only for specific version of NeoOffice.

Looking at all topics here, the problem doesnt seem to be solved by some users, still.

Did all possible that was advised both here and the NeoWiki.
i.e. repaired permissions, install BSD, even installed all of the DevTools, installed 10.3.9 again, repaired disk from boot CD.

Dont get it, why is it causing so much problems.
What else can I do?
Thank you.
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1