Support
· Forums
· NeoOffice Support
· NeoWiki

Announcements
· Twitter @NeoOffice

Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - NeoOffice/J 1.1 Beta is released!
NeoOffice/J 1.1 Beta is released!

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Testing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 3:24 pm    Post subject: Update on Updating Listings on MacUpdate and VersionTracker

Ed, Patrick,

Having gone through the process of submitting updates to MU and VT and seeing 1) it's been a couple of hours and they haven't taken yet and 2) normal folks can't update everything, I've just gone through the steps to establish a "NeoOffice.org" account at MU and attempted to claim ownership of the Neo/J listing (how they'll verify who owns it is beyond me excatly) and will do the same thing at VT shortly. My intent is for one/more of us non-programming types to use these accounts to keep the listings up to date while y'all do more important things, if that's OK.

I can't do anything more at MU until they verify if NeoOffice.org can own Neo/J.

Ed, does the neooffice mailserver catch email to all addresses, or at least ones that were active/valid in the at some point during the neo/c days and were still listed until the new template took over?

Edit: Patrick, Planamesa Software seems already to be established at VT; is that true or did someone just fill that in? I've gone ahead and established a NeoOffice.org account there anyway (will require action from Ed to finish), but don't know how things will proceed until Ed activates the NeoOffice.org account. (I used a valid contact email for that one! Smile)

Smokey

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 10:18 pm    Post subject:

It looks like Version Tracker updated it's description of the program (but not MacUpdate).
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 11:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Update on Updating Listings on MacUpdate and VersionTrac

sardisson wrote:
I've gone ahead and established a NeoOffice.org account there anyway (will require action from Ed to finish), but don't know how things will proceed until Ed activates the NeoOffice.org account. (I used a valid contact email for that one! Smile)

Howdy! I just got back from the opera and clicked their link so the account should now be activated for you.

The mail server still does pick up the old accounts that were not for the mailing lists. Those I had to disable due to spam volume.

ed
thulli

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 3:09 pm    Post subject: Re: NeoOffice 1.1Beta : Good

pluby wrote:
thulli wrote:
I would like also to know if it's possible to have the GUI in another language. My native language is French, so I could help also to translate some of the interface.

French is already bundled with Neo/J. Just set your preferred language to French in the System Preferences application and restart Neo/J.

Patrick

Good to know that, thanks. BTW, is it possible to force the language to something different thant the system preferences language?
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 6:30 pm    Post subject: Re: NeoOffice 1.1Beta : Good

thulli wrote:

Good to know that, thanks. BTW, is it possible to force the language to something different thant the system preferences language?

Try selecting the app icon in the finder, choosing File > Get Info, and then customizing the entries in the "Languages" portion of the inspector. While I'm not certain, I think you may be able to get only a specific language different then your system default if you turn off all of the others aside from that one.

ed
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 11:03 pm    Post subject:

To add to Ed's suggestion. Here is how you can have English as your preferred language in the System Preferences application but force Neo/J to start in French:

1. In the System Preferences application, set English as your preferred language and French as your second preferred language.

2. Right-click on the Neo/J application icon in the Finder and select "Get Info". In the "Get Info" window, select "Languages". Uncheck the "en" and "en_US" languages.

3. Start Neo/J. Neo/J will use French while all of your other applications will still use English.

Patrick
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 11:03 pm    Post subject:

FYI. Neo/J 1.1 Beta "Patch-1" is out.

Patrick

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2004 11:51 am    Post subject:

sardisson wrote:

Unfortunately, real arrangement of the menubar is a non-trivial task. Sun designed OOo with the needs of the platforms it does the builds for (Solaris Sparc, Solaris x86, Windows, Linux x86) in mind, and the code is buried deep within OOo.

First, let me add my voice to the thanks for all the hard work in bringing us a version of OOo that works so well. I've been using OOo under X11 on a 12" PowerBook for just under a year. This is so much better, I feel like I have a real document capability again.

Second, when thinking about making MacOS specific changes to things, please remember those of us in the cross-platform world. I use Mac OS X, Winblows, and Linux on a daily basis. One of the benefits of OOo is that I do not have to go searching through the menus for things as I swivel my chair and move from OS to OS.

Regards,

Clif
Waldo
Oracle

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2004 1:51 pm    Post subject:

pluby wrote:

Patrick

Any chance of including a "what's fixed/new" in the patches? Whether in a README, or on the patch web site or even in the forum...

BTW-- Thanks for the patch!!
Thx,
W
Glenner
Oracle

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2004 2:39 pm    Post subject:

Now, should I say this? Completely unrelated - Love your work. Keep going on like this. Hope you all had a good Xmas puddin. I am afraid I am not competent to test things in detail but I still "know" if things work or not - and Neo/J does!

Happy Christmas and Happy New Year! You can be proud of what you have achieved.

Glenner
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2004 9:35 pm    Post subject:

Waldo wrote:
pluby wrote:

Patrick

Any chance of including a "what's fixed/new" in the patches? Whether in a README, or on the patch web site or even in the forum...

Typically announcements come with a brief change list, either/both in the forum post and/or in the message to the "patch update" list. I think this one just slipped by due to the late hour and late date Smile

If we wanted, this is something that we could add to the Release Notes page in the wiki. (I need to start dumping these things into a text file so that I'll have a "stable" record and it will be easier to compile a "what's changed since x version" for certain sites--since the Alphas didn't get listed lots of places, I needed a good list of what'd changed since 0.8.4 Smile)

Smokey

Oracle

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2004 10:33 pm    Post subject:

Well maybe from now on we should include in the release notes

* The latest patch does such-and-such.
* The previous patches did such-and-such
* The latest patch contains all previous patches for beta #.

W

sardisson wrote:
Waldo wrote:
pluby wrote:

Patrick

Typically announcements come with a brief change list, either/both in the forum post and/or in the message to the "patch update" list. I think this one just slipped by due to the late hour and late date Smile

If we wanted, this is something that we could add to the Release Notes page in the wiki. (I need to start dumping these things into a text file so that I'll have a "stable" record and it will be easier to compile a "what's changed since x version" for certain sites--since the Alphas didn't get listed lots of places, I needed a good list of what'd changed since 0.8.4 Smile)

Smokey
Dante
Red Pill

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2004 5:42 pm    Post subject:

Hi,

I couldn't go into here before, I have the same problem related hereabout languages supported.

I'm Spaniard but my mother language is Gallician (gl) which is included in this last update to beta station Smile

I've used NeoOfficeJ for months and I was very gad to see my mother language supported Smile but…

agghh, always there's a but… NeoOffice appears in German, it doesn't mind if Ichange the international preference pane to Gallican to the upper position, it appears in German, but if I change the position to Spanish upper(which was included nearly in the first implementation) NeoOfficeJ will change to Spanish.

I'va also tried with command+info to deactivate other languages but the problem persists.

Maybe The answer is here and I haven't seen it, sorry

Merry Christmas to everyone and good cool and amazing work.

congrats!!
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2004 6:45 pm    Post subject:

Unfortunately, Gallego appears to have the same problem as Lithuanian. Here is the description of the problem:

http://trinity.neooffice.org/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=928&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=8

OOo 1.1.4, which I will use for Neo/J 1.1 final, fixes the problem.

Patrick
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2004 7:57 pm    Post subject:

With something as large as OOo there's always going to be bugs in every version. If it's something that either Patrick or I say will be fixed in the next OOo version, please be patient.

FWIW, right now there aren't enough developers to keep up with maintenance of OOo X11 for Mac OS X, much less Neo/J. That said...Patrick's been doing better then the X11 team (though the fact I've been spending most of my time on NeoJ may be affecting that...). It doesn't matter whether you want to use X11 or NeoJ...neither have full-time staff and OOo releases are too fast paced to really keep up with and do full QA on. There's logistically no way a "rag tag" volunteer team can keep up with dozens of full-time paid engineers at Sun Sad

ed
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Testing All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5