· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - Updated Aqua menu patch available for testing
Updated Aqua menu patch available for testing

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Testing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 10:12 am    Post subject: Updated Aqua menu patch available for testing

Ed and I have fixed many of the bugs that were reported against the NeoOffice/J 1.1 Alpha 2 "Patch-3-Aqua-Menus" patch and I have posted "Patch-4". Note: since the Aqua menus appear to be fairly stable, "Patch-4" only contains Aqua menus and there is no longer a non-Aqua menu patch.

This patch contains fixes for the following bugs:

1. Various bugs in the Aqua menu code that caused Neo/J to hang or crash.

2. Bugs in the OOo code that caused Neo/J to hang or crash when opening HTML files or URLs.

3. Various other bugs in Bugzilla that are marked as "resolved/fixed".

You can download "Patch-4" from the following URL:

http://www.planamesa.com/neojava/download.php#install

Please help the testing effort and file any bugs that you find in Bugzilla (http://bugzilla.neooffice.org/).

Patrick
yoxi
Cipher

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 12:44 pm    Post subject:

Hey, brilliant chaps! It's great to have the print dialog working properly now, and the aqua menus are much more responsive too.

Thanks very much for the efforts.

- yoxi
ovvldc
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 2:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Updated Aqua menu patch available for testing

pluby wrote:
You can download "Patch-4" from the following URL:

http://www.planamesa.com/neojava/download.php#install

Please help the testing effort and file any bugs that you find in Bugzilla (http://bugzilla.neooffice.org/).

Ed and Patrick strike again! Well, it haven't done much testing yet, but it seems to work at first glance Smile.

Thanks again. Will file bugs when encountered.

Oscar
machelpdesk

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 9:29 pm    Post subject: Way to go!

We'll now be rolling this out for 100 Mac users and saving nearly $30,000! Do you guys take donations?
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 9:44 pm    Post subject:

It's so nice to see menus on the menubar all the time now! Smile And to be able to change printers!

Great work as usual, Patrick and Ed!

Smokey
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 10:05 pm    Post subject: Disappearing menus

Please, be on the watch for disappearing menus. I've seen this happen twice now, but for the life of me I can't figure out a series of steps to use to get it to reproduce. It seems to only affect the File and Window menu:

http://bugzilla.neooffice.org/bug.php?op=show&bugid=208

If you can find a series of steps, please attach it to that issue. I suspect it to be a "shared delegate" problem, but I can't figure out a test case to use to track down the issue.

ed
ovvldc
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 1:14 am    Post subject: Re: Way to go!

machelpdesk wrote:
We'll now be rolling this out for 100 Mac users and saving nearly $30,000! Do you guys take donations?

AFAIK: yes they do (and if not, they should). And any cash that keeps Patrick and Ed safe from working for a living on other things gives them more time to work on NeoOffice/J. In other words, hold this thought and feel free to act upon it Smile.
fabrizio venerandi

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 7:18 am    Post subject:

Great work, it seems to work fine. Thank you.
There is still the key assignement problem (the apple-shift-j makes a full screen, not the macro I assign).
Another strange thing: creating a database table, I see in the browser two database with the same name. I never tried in other version, so I do not know if this is a neoffice strange thing, or a generic openoffice strange thing.

f.
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 9:49 am    Post subject: Re: Way to go!

machelpdesk wrote:

We don't have any web pages set up to automatically collect donations, but I do accept donations through Planamesa Software (e.g. my corporation that I pay all of my Neo/J expenses from).

If you are interested in donating funds, please contact me directly at patrick dot luby at planamesa dot com.

Patrick
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 11:44 am    Post subject: Re: Way to go!

pluby wrote:
machelpdesk wrote:

We don't have any web pages set up to automatically collect donations, but I do accept donations through Planamesa Software (e.g. my corporation that I pay all of my Neo/J expenses from).

If you are interested in donating funds, please contact me directly at patrick dot luby at planamesa dot com.

I got some offline questions about my post and I think the questions are worth answering here:

Question: I want to help NeoOffice/J so why should I donate to Planamesa Software?

Answer: The primary reason is that if you sent a check to either Ed or I (we fund all of the costs of Neo/J and we have written all of the Neo/J code), Ed or I would have to pay California and U.S. taxes on that donation and we could not reduce those taxes by the costs that we are already spending to keep Neo/J running. By paying a corporation, I can legally offset any Neo/J expenses (this includes reimbursing any of Ed's expenses) against any donations. What this means is that 100% of donations are used to fund Neo/J instead of being consumed by taxes.

The main point here is that if someone wants to give a sizable donation (e.g. US$1,000 or more), Ed and I need to work with the donor offline to ensure that we don't inadvertently cause ourselves tax or other headaches.

Hope that clears it up.

Patrick

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 11:11 am    Post subject:

Ever since upgrading to Neooffice 1.1 Alpha 2, whenever I save a document or go into settings (such as Configure), I get the followin error message:

Error loading BASIC of document file:///Applications/NeoOfficeJ%20Alpha%201.app/contents/share/basic/Gimmicks/dialog.xlb/:
General Error.
General input/output error.

I have renamed Neooffice, but I didn't seem to have this problem with 0.8.4.

Thanks again to everyone, the aqua menus are fantastic!
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 11:26 am    Post subject:

Anonymous wrote:
Ever since upgrading to Neooffice 1.1 Alpha 2, whenever I save a document or go into settings (such as Configure), I get the followin error message:

Error loading BASIC of document file:///Applications/NeoOfficeJ%20Alpha%201.app/contents/share/basic/Gimmicks/dialog.xlb/:
General Error.

Most likely, your user configuration files have some entries that point to the "/Applications/NeoOfficeJ Alpha 1" directory. Try moving or deleting your ~/Library/NeoOfficeJ-1.1 directory and restarting Neo/J. This will reset your user configuration files to the default settings.

Patrick

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 11:50 pm    Post subject:

pluby wrote:
Anonymous wrote:

General Error.

Most likely, your user configuration files have some entries that point to the "/Applications/NeoOfficeJ Alpha 1" directory. Try moving or deleting your ~/Library/NeoOfficeJ-1.1 directory and restarting Neo/J. This will reset your user configuration files to the default settings.

Patrick

Perfect, it was starting to get annoying! I had another question, now that you can reorder menu items without the whole menu disappearing, whould it be possible to distribute a saved menu layout that is more Mac like with the patches? I just re-ordered mine and created a NeoOffice/J menu with options, about and exit.
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 1:00 am    Post subject:

Anonymous wrote:
now that you can reorder menu items without the whole menu disappearing, whould it be possible to distribute a saved menu layout that is more Mac like with the patches? I just re-ordered mine and created a NeoOffice/J menu with options, about and exit.

Until someone figures out where to change the default setup in the source (and maybe even then!) it's a pretty complex process and one I imagine Patrick doesn't want to touch (and even if he did, I'd prefer he worked on more significant functions like drag-drop, PDF optimization, Java 1.4/1.5 Smile).

That said, there's nothing stopping us (the users) from doing this. See several posts in this thread for more details on the nascent effort (we got started but I stopped because of time and the menu bug). We'd need a menu and keybindings file for each module (writer, calc, draw, impress, chart, math, etc.) for each language NeoJ ships with a UI for (or at the very least document the changes so someone who speaks the language can create a localized version).

Here's where I described my changes, but the best place to set these out might be in the NeoWiki rather than in the fora.

How'd you add things to the NeoOffice/J menu, btw?

Smokey

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 11:05 am    Post subject:

sardisson wrote:
Anonymous wrote:
now that you can reorder menu items without the whole menu disappearing, whould it be possible to distribute a saved menu layout that is more Mac like with the patches? I just re-ordered mine and created a NeoOffice/J menu with options, about and exit.

Until someone figures out where to change the default setup in the source (and maybe even then!) it's a pretty complex process and one I imagine Patrick doesn't want to touch (and even if he did, I'd prefer he worked on more significant functions like drag-drop, PDF optimization, Java 1.4/1.5 Smile).

That said, there's nothing stopping us (the users) from doing this. See several posts in this thread for more details on the nascent effort (we got started but I stopped because of time and the menu bug). We'd need a menu and keybindings file for each module (writer, calc, draw, impress, chart, math, etc.) for each language NeoJ ships with a UI for (or at the very least document the changes so someone who speaks the language can create a localized version).

Here's where I described my changes, but the best place to set these out might be in the NeoWiki rather than in the fora.

How'd you add things to the NeoOffice/J menu, btw?

Smokey

As my menu bar stands now it has 2 NeoOffice/J menus, the bold system menu and another right beside it. A dirty hack but it serves it's purpose. Smile
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Testing All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2